iPod compared to other DAPs

New_Age

yes, the iPod to me is over populated and advertised on TV then anything else. the iPod does have it's ups like Battery Life and really that is the only thing about it o... and fair amount of decent Sound Quality. the build is terrible as the back plate gets scratched easily. the screen also can get scratched verily easy as well. the software itunes is by far the worst. yes, you can use other software such as MediaMonkey and WinAmp to Edit Tag Info. and so forth but that's it. using those other Apps to transfer songs will lend to errors and screw ups(resulting in having to restore your iPod) so if you haven't back upped anything you are screwed.

Cowon Inc. - is far the lending company of making DAPs to impress consumers for Sound Quality, Features, Build Quality, Large Amount of Audio File and Video Format Support and keeping up-to-date with Firmware.

Creative Inc. - another lending company in the DAP department, though they lack in support and somewhat of a development/testing before releasing a new DAP. like the ZEN. when using a SD Card the media on that card isn't transfered in the Main Library of the ZEN which sucks and the SD Card Slot is rather useless. Creative though is still a good company to look forward to though.

iRiver Inc. - ahh... good O iRiver. this company seems to compare to Cowon as they tend to compete for the golded Cup Award teehee. this is a alternative towards Cowon.

Microsoft Zune - hmm... still in the HDD method of things and the designs never change. ok, maybe a touchable control pad but that's it. the Battery Life has improved but the sound Quality and build is lacking. Prices are high as well. enough said.

Archos - the best designers of all time? hmm... still in the HDD method but still hold up till this day? o... yes i'd agree. the 605 Wi-Fi is a must but the plug-ins you have to buy to play certain video formats and to buy cables to plug-in to TV's and such? Cowon is better and Archos needs to change abit. Battery Life for their players is so-so and the designs are A-Ok(besides the CONTROL LAYOUT!!!). also Archos.. get on your feet and get with the Firmware updates... lacking with it!!!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

iTunes isn't the only software to have people heaving four lettered remarks about it. There's many portable audio players that have things going for them hardware-wise, however it's the horrible software that keeps some people away.

Creative Inc. - another lending company in the DAP department, though they lack in support and somewhat of a development/testing before releasing a new DAP. like the ZEN. when using a SD Card the media on that card isn't transfered in the Main Library of the ZEN which sucks and the SD Card Slot is rather useless. Creative though is still a good company to look forward to though.

I received a Zen last year for Christmas and thought it was a total joke. It was way too small for my hands, and its own the software, including WMP couldn't even recognize it, etc., so I ended up promptly returning it.

yep, the ZEN does have it's issues which sucks.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Sansa Players has there issues and is just a plain DAP. i don't like Em'

you can't surf the web on the Sansa Connect. you can only go on Yahoo Music service and all that other crap. the iTouch is way over priced and it has very little features. i just bought an A-Data SDHC Flash Card for my Cowon D2. i'm happy! more Songs... more videos...

I have a Creative Zen Micro, got it 2 years ago I believe. It is still in great condition. I dropped it quite a few times on cement and no noticeable scratches(nothing big or deep). It is a big bulky, but it still fits in your pocket. It can probably withstand more pressure too, considering it's size over the Ipod Nano. The software, Creative Media Player/Jukebox, has a little bit of a delay when naming songs, artists and albums too.

Overall, it's not a bad player. It comes with microphone, calendar, Removable Disk for personal storage, and an equalizer. ;)

Sansa Players has there issues and is just a plain DAP. i don't like Em'

Uh, maybe you should do a little research before just dismissing them. Sandisk has some of the best mp3 players on the market :).

IPB Image

that's your opinion <_< lots of SanDisk players like the e200 series have had lots of recalls. my step sister had one and it died within 2 days just by trying to add music.

indeed, the prices maybe a bit high but hey i spent well over $200 for good quality. Battery Life, Sound, File Format Support, and yes Build Quality as well.

have you guys seen the A3? that thing looks so freakin sweet i want one badly!

A3 Pics. - Compared to the A2 which is the one that has a white liner around it.

• Moderators
have you guys seen the A3? that thing looks so freakin sweet i want one badly!

It's the first time I've seen it, and you are right it does look as you've stated "freakin sweet"! I just wish there were stores that had them, because I'd like to play around with one first before actually purchasing one. It's definitely better looking and more grown up than some of those tiny MP3 players that I know I'd loose in a nanosecond.

when i get some money saved i'm going to be buying one. i so can't wait ^^ i love Cowon products.