DVD Ripper

Tom AZ

• Moderators

I think so. Its the only one I know thats updated regularly and actually works every time(as long as you get the updates).

For whatever reason sony seems changes their disc encryption pretty frequently but dvdfab always seems to work.

I use AutoGK. Its a very basic point and click dvd ripper. Its also free and has a good help file.

http://www.autogk.me.uk/

It can rip and convert directly from the dvd.

Tell it what .ifo file you want to rip, and it will then find all the associated VOB files.

Specify the output directory (where you want the avi file to be created)

Select what size you want the file to be (I always choose 700mb)

Click "Add job" and then "start".

Roughly 2.5 to 3 hours later you have your file.

• Moderators
The last time I installed DVDFab HD Decrypter all it could do was crash, so I went right back to DVD Decrypter and luckily it worked.

There's a thing.

I've just got my pc going again after installing DVDFabDecrypter V4.0.1.2.

This is the first time I've updated this program. My old version didn't have the sickly green colours, and more to the point, didn't need a reboot to install. What the hell does it need a reboot for?

Rightly or wrongly, I'm always suspicious about programs that need a reboot, except for the anti-malware stuff. Seems to me that they're getting their hooks into you more.

After the reboot, I couldn't launch anything. Either from a shortcut, or from the .exe files themselves. Which meant I couldn't launch the uninstaller.

Safe Mode to the rescue again. Uninstalled it, and fingers crossed, all ok now.

Have re-installed V 3.1.2.6, which gave no problems at all, and didn't need a reboot.

Is there a freeware which serves every region (Without affecting the region change quota in winxp) ?? which can decrypt, copy and burn as well as erase??

I currenlty use Nero but find it a bit too slow..

Further, would any1 be aware of a good freeware to copy entire movie to the hard drive (not ISO)

many thanks! in anticipation :)

Is there a freeware which serves every region (Without affecting the region change quota in winxp) ?? which can decrypt, copy and burn as well as erase??

I currenlty use Nero but find it a bit too slow..

Further, would any1 be aware of a good freeware to copy entire movie to the hard drive (not ISO)

many thanks! in anticipation :)

Here is the link to DVDFab http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Otto

I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD for decryption and ripping. Its the most current. The others Ive found no to be up to date with the latest methods studios are using. Basically everyone else copies AnyDVD. Along with Vista, its the only software I'm prepared to pay for.

• Moderators
I use DVD Shrink primarily, and if that doesn't work, DVD Shrink. So far, no problems.

Lately I've been using solely DVD Shrink after I noticed it decrypts. Since it can decrypt and re-author all in one go it makes things faster.

• Moderators
What's the reason, why you rip DVDs?

There are lots of legitimate reasons to rip dvds.

You may want to put them on your personal media players like ipod video, psp, zune, ect.

You dont want your kids to break the discs so you only let them touch the copies.

When you rip a dvd you can strip out all the commercials, ect and when you put in the movie it just starts,

i use DVD43 and still yes... DVD Decrypter. both work great.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

There are lots of legitimate reasons to rip dvds.

You may want to put them on your personal media players like ipod video, psp, zune, ect.

You dont want your kids to break the discs so you only let them touch the copies.

When you rip a dvd you can strip out all the commercials, ect and when you put in the movie it just starts,

just a thought, if ripping is illegal then why do company's such as Creative, Cowon, Archos, SanDisk, etc. Develop PMPs?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Lately I've been using solely DVD Shrink after I noticed it decrypts. Since it can decrypt and re-author all in one go it makes things faster.

If I'm not mistaken, DVDShrink doesn't burn. So, what do you use for a burner?