Need input for dust free and silent pc case

Jazzyguy

Currently I use Powerlogic Atrix 5000. This case is filtered all over, toolless and quite clean, but dust bunnies still gather after about 2 years (cpu especially). It has 3 ambient temperature sensors. Overall a very good case, but it's quite noisy.

Second contender is the Cooler Master Centurion 5. No temperature sensors, also filtered, toolless and noise level I don't know. So if anyone use this case, is it noisy or not?

Anybody use liquid cooling GPU and CPU (not just CPU)? Maybe I'll use this if it's maintenance free. Liquid cooling is dust free right?

• Moderators

Since cases will have ventilation holes in them how do you expect them to be dust free?

Perhaps an air cleaner (table top, floor model, etc) could help by filtering out particulate matter. However; I was watching a T.V. program years ago that stated an air cleaner with an ionizer should never be used around computer equipment, and shouldn't even be in the same room with computer equipment.

Anybody use liquid cooling GPU

I got this passive cooling solution on my R9550 card: http://acsonline.be/acscommerce/catalog/im...m80d_hp_f_p.gif

I bought that 'cause card's own fan got broken. Atleast it's an quiet solution. Note, that case ventilation have to be in order, if you use that kind of passive cooling.