How to provide better info in problem report, etc. ?

davey

Please tell me or link me to info on how to provide those "shrunken" pictures of

or snapshots of the CCleaner window etc. so I and others can provide more info when problem reporting.Of course this will be of great benefit in other ways.

Thanks, NEWBIE davey.

• Moderators
Please tell me or link me to info on how to provide those "shrunken" pictures of

or snapshots of the CCleaner window etc. so I and others can provide more info when problem reporting.Of course this will be of great benefit in other ways.

Thanks, NEWBIE davey.

Hi davey, I hope you don't think I'm being presumptious, but do you know how to use a free "Image Hosting" site where you store your saved screenshots/images and link to them with the "thumbnail" picture you see in a post?

There are other things such as small applications for the "easy" resizing of screenshots/photographs to make your uploads quicker.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you, or I'm telling you something you already know, but if you need any help, just pm me, and I'll explain it all in detail.

Hi DennisD,

Absolutely no offence taken. Thats why I emphasized NEWBIE .

No I don"t know about "Image hosting" and :) little about image handling at all.

I will be contacting you.

Thanks for the offer, davey

There's two (free) tools that can be used for capturing / resizing images which can then be uploaded to a photo hosting site.

Windows Snapshot Maker, also known as WinSnap - to capture the image

the latest versions aren't free but version 1.1.10 is still available and is free to use on personal PCs (ie for non-commercial use). it's the last that was free to use. You can use it to capture the entire screen or to capture parts of the screen (eg just an open application such as CCleaner). Images can be saved in a variety of formats including jpeg format.

http://filehippo.com/download_winsnap/

the version you need is available on that page

ImageResizer - free from Microsoft

This can be used to resize the image, to a custom size if needed

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

scroll down on the page, the download link is on the right hand side.

Note to mods: I'm not sure if linking like this is allowed, if not please remove the links. Both links are safe and both applications are PC safe to use.

Thanks Robbie,

All this info will help me and Megas of others out there.Nothing beats learning from others who have been through the same process.Sure speeds up the learning curve.

Thanks Again to all you contributors. I realize this is all voluntary.This a FREE software based forum and the safest forum I have found. :rolleyes::)B)