Bug : CCleaner... won't scan nor delete anything

Yue

Hi,

I have a little problem... no, no, CCleaner did not delete any very very important system files, nor did I play around with some you-must-never-touch-these registry files through CCleaner either.

The problem is that CCleaner... won't scan anything, so, it won't clean anything. Just take a look at the following pic I just took.

286gn7.jpg

As you can see, there is absolutely nothing in the 'Windows' column (and it's the same thing with the 'Applications' one, and the Registry Scan too), and I think that's why CCleaner won't scan anything... since there's nothing for it to be scanned.

I don't know why this has happened, since it happened a few times ago, when I upgraded CCleaner and I did not do anything else. I don't think it is a bug related to Vista since I once used it several times on this OS and it worked perfectly.

Maybe the problem comes from Vista Manager I once installed... but I've already uninstalled it, and re-installed CCleaner countless times :blink:

Do anyone has any idea on how to fix it ? No, please don't tell me "re-install CCleaner', as I've just said, I've already tried doings this several times, and it didn't work ;)

Thank you very much :)

Scan in safe mode ?

No, I haven't tried yet... gonna try later and say whether it worked or not.

Thank for the reply !

Edit : I've just tried to scan in safe mode, and it does nothing peculiar happens... :s

Edit 2 : Problem is resolved... I accidently opened CCleaner via the Recycle Bin... and, I don't know why, but it works...

However, thank you very much for your reply hazelnut !