MVPS Hosts File update 10th Dec'07

CraigMartin

Thanks for the update notice, I've got it installed and protecting my system! :mellow:

YEAH, THANKS HERE ALSO. :rolleyes::mellow:

Thanks also to whomever posted about the Hosts File and a link to MVPS and I used it.

Never realized how many search sites pass you off to a "Data warehouse" and then they finally connect you with the site you thought you were linking to. YOU fill in all this search information, they dont have it and then they pass you off to the "bean counters". Then you have to fill in the info all over again. What a waste of our time so they can make money from the info.

The big Retailers better wise up. It's giving them a bad reputation!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Plus the benefit of avoiding viruses !!! and all those junky flashing ads. THANKS AGAIN :P:mellow::lol:

A good application to manage the HOSTS file is HostsMan that permits you to automatically update the HOSTS file from a couple of sources

I set it to auto start with Windows.

I also recommend its companion application HostsServer that I also have auto starting that shows how effective the HOSTS file is at blocking the unwanted sites in its Log file B)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
A good application to manage the HOSTS file is HostsMan that permits you to automatically update the HOSTS file from a couple of sources

It's also good for cleaning up when using multiple HOSTS files that are bound to cause the unavoidable duplicates! It's the only HOSTS program I've ever used that gets rid of dups.

...that permits you to automatically update the HOSTS file from a couple of sources

I bet there's going to be a bunch of "false positive" entries.

I have tried MVPS HOSTS file a couple of times and it just blocks too much valid stuff. I use Ad Muncher to block ads.