dangerous for new users: CCleaner default settings

andreasm

Having read through the forum, when i got to the first post under this heading, by ANTHONY A, i initially thought that this person has a serious attitude problem with regard to newbies, and totally agreed with what HAZEL had said in her post about his view. One of the interesting things i like about forums, is that everyone has their own personal view about things.

I don't have any kind of problems with so called "newbies". At no time did I say anything against "newbies". I do have a problem with people that don't look before they leap than complain when they end up in a hole. This stupid behavior is not something "newbies" have a monopoly on. :rolleyes:

I don't have any kind of problems with so called "newbies". At no time did I say anything against "newbies". I do have a problem with people that don't look before they leap than complain when they end up in a hole. This stupid behavior is not something "newbies" have a monopoly on. :rolleyes:

Yeah, But the term "stupid' is unfriendly and demoralizing. These forums are commonly used to seek and offer assistance with issues. Try to keep that in mind. As you advise to look before you leap, I would advise to choose your words before you open your mouth ...or type... to project a positive rather than negative effect.

• Moderators

First off, please be nice. We are not 3 years old...

I wasn't going to post anything, but this thread is big and active. CCleaner is seriously lacking documentation and this is the only thing really hurting it. About 90% of the posts on this forum about CCleaner, can be answered by the CCleaner Beginner's Guide. I have no idea when and if CCleaner will have a proper help file. I have talked to MrG about this matter long time ago. He said he was going to have me do it and put it on the CCleaner site, and then later. He said he was working on it, based off my Beginner's Guide. But, like I said, it was a long time ago.

The CCleaner Beginner's Guide is probably bigger than most people think.

It's averaging about 188,000 hits a day. Ok, take off 200 for my Rainbow Six: Vegas Clan Site. :)

I am at 187,000 hits so far this month. It was at almost 1.9 million hits last year and I wasn't even hosting the CCleaner Beginner's Guide the whole year. I am excepting it to have more hits this year.

I just don't think it looks professional for the help to be hosted by a different site, CCleaner is very big and popular, so why not included it on the CCleaner site or in a help file with the program. I am willing to do everything concerning the help documentation.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Yeah, But the term "stupid' is unfriendly and demoralizing. These forums are commonly used to seek and offer assistance with issues. Try to keep that in mind. As you advise to look before you leap, I would advise to choose your words before you open your mouth ...or type... to project a positive rather than negative effect.

I tell it like it is and I don't loose a seconds sleep over it. Installing a program and than start pushing buttons with no clue what will happen is STUPID period. Newbie or expert it is foolish behavior.

Oh Waite a minute. I should try to be more positive and just ignore reality. What I meant to say is if you install a program and start pushing buttons with no clue as to what will happen it is really a VERY INTELLIGENT thing to do. I highly recommend this behavior because it it obviously the correct thing to do. Don't worry about your trashed computer it's not your fault it's the programs fault. The program should have just worked on it's own with no effort on your part. Honest you have no responsibility what so ever to learn how it works before you use it :rolleyes: