Lost my Quicken

Kandi

I used CCleaner for the first time the other day. I actually read the beginners guide which states in effect that it is suggested to leave everything in the default mode. Well I did that and now I have to reconstruct my Quicken checkbook (yea, yea...I know I should have had a a backup!!) And yes I do know that it was CCleaner as I have not run anything else nor have I downloaded anything else during that time frame. I like the idea of CCleaner but at this point there is no way that I could recommend it to anyone nor will I use it again. I'll just keep cleaning the old fashioned way!

I used CCleaner for the first time the other day. I actually read the beginners guide which states in effect that it is suggested to leave everything in the default mode. Well I did that and now I have to reconstruct my Quicken checkbook (yea, yea...I know I should have had a a backup!!) And yes I do know that it was CCleaner as I have not run anything else nor have I downloaded anything else during that time frame. I like the idea of CCleaner but at this point there is no way that I could recommend it to anyone nor will I use it again. I'll just keep cleaning the old fashioned way!

Before you swear it off, have you considered unchecking the Quicken option?

Well yea I would certainly uncheck *every* program box prior to using it again.

I do think that perhaps the beginners guide should indicate that you might actually lose documents and/or your quicken checkbook. Luckily that is all I use quicken for but if I had used it for more than that I would be in a world of hurt. Franklly I'm pretty upset about losing the information.

You don't lose documents with CCleaner, that's why there's no warning. CCleaner cleans out temporary files. I hate to be blunt but every time someone swears up and down that CCleaner ruined their computer in some way, we come to find out it wasn't.

I can't find a reference to Quicken in the winapp/winreg/winsys INIs, so someone will have to explain where Quicken cleaning could have come from. Unless you were keeping your database in TEMP, I have no idea how it could have been lost.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)