CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
beatlebryce

internet wont work

My computer's internet connection has dropped and I dont know why it did that. Just randomly there is no connection and the computer cannot recognize anything. I did "netstat" in cmd prompt and nothing showed up, just the headers. After that I did "ipconfig" and it named an ipaddress and then a subnet mask, but the default gateway and the dns suffix were not listed on it. I did a ppower cycle on the router and the modem. This is a wired computer by the way. Any questions, just ask.

Router and DSL Modem Model please. also, what type of connection? Cable or DSL? have any phone jack Fliters?

I have personally not had much luck doing a power cycle ("resetting the modem") on my system. However a good trick is to actually just unplug the modem from the electrical outlet for about 60 to 120 seconds, then plug it back in, and wait several seconds to minutes for your system to recognize it properly. Definitely worth a try.

Strangely my ISP has that power cycle built into their software, yet their support documentation suggests unplugging the modem is the best choice. :rolleyes:

It is a Linksys router and Siemens Speedstream modem, DSL connection. Other computer on the connection are fine, both wired and wireless.

One month later, still having trouble. Stuff has been done with the router and modem, but nothing thats worked.

My computer's internet connection has dropped and I dont know why it did that. Just randomly there is no connection and the computer cannot recognize anything. I did "netstat" in cmd prompt and nothing showed up, just the headers. After that I did "ipconfig" and it named an ipaddress and then a subnet mask, but the default gateway and the dns suffix were not listed on it. I did a ppower cycle on the router and the modem. This is a wired computer by the way. Any questions, just ask.

Hi beatlebryce,

Just a passing thought.I had a similar problem awhile back.I use the Custom option when updating from MS. It suggested I download an updated driver for my modem.Well who wants an outdated driver?Turns out the driver was not for my modem at all.Got the correct driver from my MANU. and voila.

Just a flashback.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :) davey

Did you mean a weird computer or wired computer?? :lol:

may be better try IPCONFIG ALL * nslookup * netstat -arn * netstat -ar * netstat -arnopse * & may a new driver may help & softwall firewall may stop. :rolleyes: