Mozilla 3.0 Beta 1

q231

Link

What's New in Firefox 3 Beta 1

Firefox 3 Beta 1 is based on the new Gecko 1.9 Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 27 months and includes nearly 2 million lines of code changes, fixing more than 11,000 issues. Gecko 1.9 includes some major re-architecting for performance, stability, correctness, and code simplification and sustainability. Firefox 3 has been built on top of this new platform resulting in a more secure, easier to use, more personal product with a lot under the hood to offer website and Firefox add-on developers.

Full changelog here

Downloading now...I'll tell you how it works!

AJ

Wow...shortest Beta test ever. It installed, it ran, it was working...until I realized their was a significant memory leak....It went from 26K to about 130K...it was slowing down my system. It could be me, who knows...but I'm sticking with 2.0.0.9!!

AJ

Downloading now...I'll tell you how it works!

AJ

Wow...shortest Beta test ever. It installed, it ran, it was working...until I realized their was a significant memory leak....It went from 26K to about 130K...it was slowing down my system. It could be me, who knows...but I'm sticking with 2.0.0.9!!

AJ

well its still in beta :D we'll see how it goes..hehe...on to your memory leak..i think you have many processes running because when i tested the beta its only showing about 20k(well my pc is kinda old:) )

$5 bucks my PC is older. I opened it up... and then pulled up the task manager...and I started at about 20K in the memory. As I went to a different site, the memory usage for Firefox.exe went up, and up, and up some more...

Can't wait for the final version.

AJ

$5 bucks my PC is older. I opened it up... and then pulled up the task manager...and I started at about 20K in the memory. As I went to a different site, the memory usage for Firefox.exe went up, and up, and up some more...

Can't wait for the final version.

AJ

thats weird...in my pc the beta only reached 20k which is still high...but a beta software is still a beta software so we'll just have to wait for the final release :D

• Moderators
but a beta software is still a beta software so we'll just have to wait for the final release :D

In my book most software even if labeled a "final, stable, release" build still acts as if it's a beta release since there always seems to be something that someone will encounter bug-wise.