WHICH ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM?

Atnes

Hello everybody, now I am completely without virus protection - ZoneAlarm test has expired - and they want 59 Euro for their Internet security suit. Also, they promised to let me test their product for 3 weeks - but they switched it off only after 2 days! So, please, help me choose a fine antivirus program (other than ZoneLabs :blink: ), I need it badly and as soon as :rolleyes: yesterday. Oh, and yes, I am running XP.

Eagerly waiting for your answers! Best, Atnes

IMHO if you become a little bit confident in ascertaining your own security requirements then there is no need for an AV, AS, Host file or similar.

Just running your broswer through Sandboxie will stop any inet borne malware.

I actually run FF with Noscript and Adblockplus through Sabdboxie whilst in Returnil mode for any and all surfing sessions.

Sorta like when you get everything as you want, including all your login details, then reboot to returnil mode and start your browser sandboxed.

If you pick up some crap then delete the sandbox and start browsing again.If the sandbox s ever breached, which hasn't happened as yet, then a reboot back into Returnil mode wll sort it!

IMHO if you become a little bit confident in ascertaining your own security requirements then there is no need for an AV, AS, Host file or similar.

Just running your broswer through Sandboxie will stop any inet borne malware.

I actually run FF with Noscript and Adblockplus through Sabdboxie whilst in Returnil mode for any and all surfing sessions.

<Skip>

I used to run Mozilla - FireFox last year - but was not that satisfied - it constantly overrun or overwrote my diacritical signs - which, in turn, made several search actions impossible for me. And there were other things I did not like about FireFox particualrly.... Well, maybe it is just because I am no expert in computer issues :unsure: and don't know how to apply certain things properly. Anyway, for now, I am back to IE , 7 now - and I feel more secure if I protect my computer through an additional AV thing. But thanks all the same.

Regards, Atnes

• Moderators
I used to run Mozilla - FireFox last year - but was not that satisfied - it constantly overrun or overwrote my diacritical signs

Just so we all know what they are Atnes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacritic

And remember Atnes, what works for YOU, is what you should choose.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

if your going to use IE7 why not install this Add-On? IE7Pro

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8