Keeping CCleaner Clean

Twowheeler

This might be the only time I post to this forum, but....

I have had Crap Cleaner on my computer for more than acouple of years now and until now been pretty satisfied with it. Today I downloaded the latest installment of Crap Cleaner only to find I had also downloaded the Yahoo Toolbar as well! I don't like little surprises in my downloads and actually concider them nasty! If the boys in the white lab coats that create these sweet gems of inspiration can't keep Crap Cleaner clean then I'll have to go else where for the software to clean the crap off my computer! :angry:

or you could just download the CCleaner Slim Version that has no toolbar in it.

Eggzactly! : http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

There's a clear option to opt out during setup. Also, WHY on earth do folks always expect OTHER people to work for free?

You should be ecstatic that a first rate application like CCleaner is being offered as freeware in the first place. The toolbar is emphatically NOT pushed down your throat during install

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you realise what the creators of CCleaner do....

They keep their products completly free, so they work hard for nothing, they have to pay their website,...

So I think it's quite fair, that they put some things like 'yahoo toolbar' in it....

I don't mind if they put some more in it, as long as they need that money.

of course not too much :)

I hope you realise what the creators of CCleaner do....

They keep their products completly free, so they work hard for nothing, they have to pay their website,...

So I think it's quite fair, that they put some things like 'yahoo toolbar' in it....

I don't mind if they put some more in it, as long as they need that money.

of course not too much :)

Assuming you meant not too much more extra toolbars, I agree. Free utilities do have to be paid for in some manner or they soon become yet another "cool program we used to use until it got too far out of date".