Please Help Me

mjp1531

Hi I am new to this forum, and hopefully some of you can help me out. :) I have a Vista PC, and have just recently gotten into burning dvds. I started out using Nero because it was easy to use and had cute Menu templates that the kids loved. After some time it gave me nothing but trouble, and would freeze up. I did clean installs and removals, then finally just gave up. I moved on to Ashampoo and was pretty satisfied with the easiness and menu templates in it also. What I just realized though is that it's not letting us fast-foward or rewind any movies. Do you know if I'm doing something wrong, or is it the program itself? If it is the program, I guess I will have to find yet another. Do you have any reccomendations for something easy to use with the menu templates?

I'll ask the obvious question; what exact;y are you trying to burn. You mentioned movies, but if that is the case why do you want DVD menus? I ask because they are already built-in to DVD movies. All that being said, I can tell you what I use. I use CDRTFE and I have never had problem with it whether I am burning data discs, audio discs, or DVDs. PM me for a link of my customized version.

I'll ask the obvious question; what exact;y are you trying to burn. You mentioned movies, but if that is the case why do you want DVD menus? I ask because they are already built-in to DVD movies. All that being said, I can tell you what I use. I use CDRTFE and I have never had problem with it whether I am burning data discs, audio discs, or DVDs. PM me for a link of my customized version.

I am burning mostly avi files and sometimes my husband is burning multiple episodes of tv series.

If that is the case then, and assuming you don't have an AVI DVD player, you'll need more than just burning software; you'll need software to convert to DVD. For that I'd recommend ConvertXtoDVD.

I recommend CDRTFE as a burning app, but it is not what you need in this case.