Are google cookies safe?

slowday444

Perhaps safe is the wrong term since I'm not really paranoid, however, here is the issue. The Firefox gmail notifier extension v0.5.6.5 somehow kept you logged into a personalized google homepage or account. Subsequent versions (many months of) lost that feature so I've kept 565. However, google changed something about gmail (think I read where it is gmail 2 now or something) preventing the extension from auto login, so the developer of gmail notifier addressed it with v0.6.2.2 which indeed fixed the gmail problem but does not keep google homepages and accounts logged in. I have now excluded google cookies from being dumped after Firefox sessions and excluded them from CCleaner cleaning. Do you dump google cookies?

Hi slowday444 ;)

I dump all cookies, IMO I don't think it's to hard to remember a "User Name & Password" and just (Log In) and (Log Out).

Keeps your brain active :lol:

Hi slowday444 ;)

I dump all cookies. . .Keeps your brain active :lol:

I dump'em too. keep passwords in a txt file, just in case the poor brain goes temporarily inactive. :o

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I dump'em too. keep passwords in a txt file, just in case the poor brain goes temporarily inactive. :o

Hi login123 B)

I've got my passwords & usernames in a txt file, and written down on a piece of paper some where...? because brain fade can happen any time...what was I saying? :D

As some might know I don't really like anything Google, but thats just me :)

If you want to avoid Google cookies (and all the ads, etc) try searching with Google without Google!

As mentioned before on this forum, try Scroogle.

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

The cartoon/image changes every time you refresh. Here's one that explains things a bit more:

th_24477_2007-11-11_233744_122_1069lo.jpg

I accept all cookies for best site/page functionality, but i have checked the option to delete all new cookies when browser is closed. I also empty the browser cache quite often. ...Almost forgot to mention, that i have disabled all cookies for Google. With Opera you can specify different rules for specific sites.

• Moderators
Almost forgot to mention, that i have disabled all cookies for Google. With Opera you can specify different rules for specific sites.

Unless you specifically have a Google account to change settings then Google is still logging your searches.

I use the Customize Google add-on (firefox)

I had that extension for a while untill some aspects of it suddenly stopped working. The option relating to Google images was the most obvious failure. I eventually unistalled as I had my doubts whether it was actually doing anything at all.

Unless you specifically have a Google account to change settings then Google is still logging your searches.

Trackmenot generally throws a spanner in the works:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3173

I know some might think this is a waste of bandwidth, but filling the google logs with rubbish gives me a certain sense of satisfaction :) ...and I don't really care!