Vista x64 Registry

Mitchrapp

Hey guys

first things first, I have been using CCleaner for maybe 2 years now... I use it ADDICTIVELY. Like 5-10 times a day. I'm obsessed. Clean Clean Clean. CLEAN.

Everytime i visit an "awkward" website, I check CCleaner to see if something new is in my startup... seriously.

Anyways on to my question

I've recently installed Vista x64 (new computer too) and it seems that CCleaner scans the registry but doesn't clean some items

In total, it's 111 items right now, but it grows everytime i install and uninstall something (lately, winamp)

Some examples are:

Unused File Extension : .DVR

Unused File Extension : DDECache

the next 109 entries all start with "InProcServer32" ... all from Winamp (uninstalled), Stardock (currently in use) and Logitech webcam stuff (uninstalled... thanks Logitech for not supporting vista x64 on 99.9% of your webcams!)

Is this a known issue or should I do something about it?

Thanks

Hi, I came to the forum because I had pretty much the same problem so I hope someone can help out.

Running on vista business 64, registery cleaner lists a bunch of "ActiveX/COM Issues" that mainly have to do with winamp which I recently uninstalled. Also some obsolete software keys. They basically keep showing up after fixing them. I'm running CCleaner as administrator.

I thought perhaps I need to disable windows defender, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there is a better program for cleaning up windows vista 64?

Hi, I came to the forum because I had pretty much the same problem so I hope someone can help out.

Running on vista business 64, registery cleaner lists a bunch of "ActiveX/COM Issues" that mainly have to do with winamp which I recently uninstalled. Also some obsolete software keys. They basically keep showing up after fixing them. I'm running CCleaner as administrator.

I thought perhaps I need to disable windows defender, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is there is a better program for cleaning up windows vista 64?

"better program"... BLASPHEMY ! CCleaner is the best ! :)

It just might have 1 bug for vista.

I've never had any problem before so it must be a vista-only issue...

I've also started installing CCleaner on all company computers... 1300 computers... cleeeeeeeean :)

• 3 weeks later...

I to have this issue with Vista X64. I have about 140 entries CC will not remove. If I right click on an entry and select regedit then press delete when the entry is displayed, the entry is deleted so I don't know why CC does not delete the entry?

PS I could post all the entires if it would help the CC team fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can any of you post some of the entries that are not being deleted?

This will definetly help solving the problem...

Hello Again EVERYONE

I was Wondering if this is going to get fixed SOOOOOOON Or if your just going to ignore it ?

THANKS For all your hard work CC is the best Hands Down!!

to fix it going to be a big day #1 backup the reg like with RegErunt #2 make system Restore #3 It up to you I get Regseaker for hear get the fix to go with it #4 with Regseaker you can jump to the key or you can do it the old way now the fun #5 you need to be Administrator and try you get a no now you need to give the a change from Restriction Policies from System to Administrator to the key I think it right click Properties Read mic Vista Help. you may all need to be administator on Detete go run as administator one more time. dont for get backup & backup the key you go to delete name with reg on the end. Vista & XP do this on some key as it think know best all so spyware scaner may all so stop you turn off & good luck let know how it go & dont kill Vista.

• 2 weeks later...