CCleaner v2.02.525

MrG

• Admin

This new release marks the 100 millionth download of CCleaner!

CCleaner v2.02.525

• Application is now 100% Unicode, with support added for non-Unicode OSs.
  • Fixed bug where some IE temp files were not being securely deleted.
  • %LocalAppData% and %CommonAppData% variable support added to INI files
    allowing "Application Data" references to work on non-English versions
    of Windows.
  • Fixed bug where "Run (in Stat Menu)" was being cleaned when deselected.
  • Added Gutmann (35 pass) secure deletion.
  • Fixed minor bugs with 98 and NT4.
  • Fixed bug with update checker.
  • Added "portable.dat" file to the portable version of CCleaner, which
    forces it to save the settings to an INI file.
  • Fixed bug in cookie scanning that could cause an exception.
  • Fixed minor UI bugs relating to control and window focus.
  • Improved exception handling with more useful information.
  • Minor bugs fixes and tweaks.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and download

View the full blog post

this new version has a bug,,it said fatal error , something about do not have permission and access denied,,then windows wanted me to send an error report,,,i did not change my settings,,some old settings,,,i had to un-install it and go back to CCleaner version 2.01.507

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This new release marks the 100 millionth download of CCleaner!

CCleaner v2.02.525

• Application is now 100% Unicode, with support added for non-Unicode OSs.
  • Fixed bug where some IE temp files were not being securely deleted.
  • %LocalAppData% and %CommonAppData% variable support added to INI files
    allowing "Application Data" references to work on non-English versions
    of Windows.
  • Fixed bug where "Run (in Stat Menu)" was being cleaned when deselected.
  • Added Gutmann (35 pass) secure deletion.
  • Fixed minor bugs with 98 and NT4.
  • Fixed bug with update checker.
  • Added "portable.dat" file to the portable version of CCleaner, which
    forces it to save the settings to an INI file.
  • Fixed bug in cookie scanning that could cause an exception.
  • Fixed minor UI bugs relating to control and window focus.
  • Improved exception handling with more useful information.
  • Minor bugs fixes and tweaks.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and download

View the full blog post

The new portable version worked fine for me. Many thanks :)

----------------------------------------

i'm glad it worked for u,,,,did u install it onto a thumb drive?.

i did not,,,i installed it on my pc,,,,,, if its for thumb drives only,,it should of said for thumb drives only,,it would not work on my pc,,thats why i had to go back to the other CCleaner version 2.01.507 ,, no biggie ,,,i will wait for the next version

Hi

I created a folder in program files called "CCleaner". I then extracted the CCleaner zip file to that folder, and finally created a shortcut to the exe file to my desktop.

I don't use it for any USB device, it is on my PC.

The version I installed was the CCleaner v2.02.525 - Portable. Available here:

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

Hope this helps.

the version u mentioned "CCleaner v2.02.525" is the one i tried, but thats ok,,,,like i said i will wait till another version comes out,,,they are always updating it anyway,,,

------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I created a folder in program files called "CCleaner". I then extracted the CCleaner zip file to that folder, and finally created a shortcut to the exe file to my desktop.

Hope this helps.

this new version has a bug,,it said fatal error , something about do not have permission and access denied,,then windows wanted me to send an error report,,,i did not change my settings,,some old settings,,,i had to un-install it and go back to CCleaner version 2.01.507

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have the same problem...or experience. I just downloaded and installed *.525 from filehippo.com and when I went to close the program, after having cleaned and checking the registry, I got an error graphic, which I'd attach; but there's no option for this here...it seems.

In any event, when I try to close the application, after have performed some task, up poops the Critical Erro grahic which states:

The thread attampted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Below that statement is the version nummber, that I'm on an MS XP, sp 2 and amount of ram and graphics card in use.

Finally below that is:

Application::Run

One needs to click twice on the close button for it to close. If one checks the restart button for the program, it doesn't work.... .

Yuzek

I tried just now the portable version, as suggested, but had the same problem as with the version with the installer. SO I have gone back to *.507.

Yuzek

----------

http://www.piriform.com/2007/11/5/CCleaner-v202525

Posted by: kissbaby Nov 5 2007, 07:25 PM

Posted by: lotse Nov 5 2007, 07:26 PM

The new portable version worked fine for me. Many thanks smile.gif

Posted by: kissbaby Nov 5 2007, 07:33 PM

QUOTE(lotse @ Nov 5 2007, 07:26 PM) *

The new portable version worked fine for me. Many thanks smile.gif

----------------------------------------

i'm glad it worked for u,,,,did u install it onto a thumb drive?.

i did not,,,i installed it on my pc,,,,,, if its for thumb drives only,,it should of said for thumb drives only,,it would not work on my pc,,thats why i had to go back to the other CCleaner version 2.01.507 ,, no biggie ,,,i will wait for the next version

Posted by: lotse Nov 5 2007, 07:40 PM

Hi

Hope this helps.

Posted by: kissbaby Nov 5 2007, 09:48 PM

the version u mentioned "CCleaner v2.02.525" is the one i tried, but thats ok,,,,like i said i will wait till another version comes out,,,they are always updating it anyway,,,

------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(lotse @ Nov 5 2007, 07:40 PM) *

Hi

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Yuzek Nov 6 2007, 01:52 AM

QUOTE(kissbaby @ Nov 5 2007, 07:25 PM) *

I also have the same problem...or experience. I just downloaded and installed *.525 from filehippo.com and when I went to close the program, after having cleaned and checking the registry, I got an error graphic, which I'd attach; but there's no option for this here...it seems.

In any event, when I try to close the application, after have performed some task, up poops the Critical Erro grahic which states:

The thread attampted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Below that statement is the version nummber, that I'm on an MS XP, sp 2 and amount of ram and graphics card in use.

Finally below that is:

Application::Run

One needs to click twice on the close button for it to close. If one checks the restart button for the program, it doesn't work.... .

Yuzek

----------

When closing the lastest version of CCleaner I got the following error:

2w3vs7p.png

I borrowed this image from another post, as I did not think fast enough to save mine. Thanks to JasonDS who posted it here:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?&showtopic=13119

Please let us know what to do.

Thanks,

Normandie

Edit -- I decided until this was fixed to go back the the version 2.01.507 and of course the error is gone, the other thing I noticed is that 2.01.507 is somewhat faster than 2.02.525.

We've been working hard overnight to solve this bug, and have a potential release. Can anyone with a crashing problem please test the attached build.

MrG

Just tested using Gutmann deletion. No problems at all here :)

However, i have no problems also with current version.

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Just tested using Gutmann deletion. No problems at all here :)

However, i have no problems also with current version.

I just tried *.527, the executable in the zip file and the problem I reported has gone away! :-)

Thanks so much. How quick, indeed!!!

Yuzek

thats the very problem i tried to discribe,,,thats my problem too and the very same image.

i will wait for the fix in the next version that comes out after version CCleaner v2.02.525,,,

CCleaner is a very good product,,,so i will wait like a good little girl. :rolleyes:B)

-------------------------------------------------------

When closing the lastest version of CCleaner I got the following error:

2w3vs7p.png

I borrowed this image from another post, as I did not think fast enough to save mine. Thanks to JasonDS who posted it here:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?&showtopic=13119

Please let us know what to do.

Thanks,

Normandie

Edit -- I decided until this was fixed to go back the the version 2.01.507 and of course the error is gone, the other thing I noticed is that 2.01.507 is somewhat faster than 2.02.525.

The version you posted above worked fine for me, I hope you have fixed the bug :)

Note

You need to place the file above in your C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ for the Applications tab to function properly.

Thank you for your hard work and consideration!

thats the very problem i tried to discribe,,,thats my problem too and the very same image.

i will wait for the fix in the next version that comes out after version CCleaner v2.02.525,,,

CCleaner is a very good product,,,so i will wait like a good little girl. :rolleyes:B)

-------------------------------------------------------

Same error image for me... :(

Only happened once though.

But it did freeze my whole computer.