Please Help!

User000

I finally got around to formatting my harddrive, everythings gone and i reinstalled Windows XP no problems, installed my drivers got internet up.

Now the little keys in the notification area appeared, i used the register online option and entered the product key on the side of my tower, as i always have. But no matter what i do i made sure i entered it perfectly, but it says incorrect product key.

What can i do? i dont want to have to format every 30 days! i have a legal copy of windows and it just wont register! help please

You could ring Microsoft and explain the situation.

Keep your cool and I'm sure they will sort it for you.

thanks humpty i used the telephone option, and a smart robot or soemthing answered (i say robot because no living person would be like how it was) and it responded to my voice, and gave step by step instructions and now my windows is activated :)

thanks humpty i used the telephone option, and a smart robot or soemthing answered (i say robot because no living person would be like how it was) and it responded to my voice, and gave step by step instructions and now my windows is activated :)

Hi User000 :)

I'm glad you got a "smart robot" and not some useless individual, in a call center on the other side of the planet.

Isn't activating "Windows" a moving and emotional experiance...1%20(47).gif

You were lucky. With my computers, if online activation failed, so did the "smart robot". And then it began, hand-to-hand instructions from a call center operator, which had only a very basic training in my language. As I'm just not that great speaking english, that call was a rather interesting one. After trying to go trough my license code numerous times, she just gave up and hanged the line =D

This is where Ghost or True images can come in very handy.

After a fresh install and getting everything how you want, including activation, make a ghost image.

Then down the track if a format/reinstall is the only option you can restore from the image you made and everything should be honky dory, including activation. ;)

It may be that you can get SeaGate DiskWizard and Maxtor Maxblast free if you own a SeaGate or Maxtor drive. Go see: (follow the link to "The Inquirer has the scoop").

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/07/28/ge...image-for-free/

I have not used these, just found them, but did download them. The .exe files are huge. Anybody had experience with the apps?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.