Who has the fastest car

Humpty

I have an old four wheel drive Nissan 4 cylinder diesel ute which has a top speed of about 130 kph with a tail wind. :lol:

Wife has a VY V6 Holden Commodore which can supposedly crack around the 200 kph mark.

What vehicle/top speed do you own/have?

Hi Humpty B)

I definitely don't! have the fastest.

Like you, I have a diesel 4x4 with a top speed of about 110kph going down hill with a strong tailwind...lol

• 2 weeks later...

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT (4 door hatchback)

1995 Volvo 850 Sedan..

My parents...I drive the Volvo to school - haven't topped it out. The Elantra is very peppy, very quick off the line, don't known the max speed....btw..Hyundai is quality now... not like their older ones.

AJ

• Moderators
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT (4 door hatchback)

1995 Volvo 850 Sedan..

My parents...I drive the Volvo to school - haven't topped it out. The Elantra is very peppy, very quick off the line, don't known the max speed....btw..Hyundai is quality now... not like their older ones.

AJ

You drive the Volvo to school. :huh:

Bet you're popular with the ladies. I used to "drive" my bike.

• Moderators
btw..Hyundai is quality now... not like their older ones.

Exactly, they're becoming an exciting car manufacturer to watch and I do like the Sonata and Azera.

The Tiburon ("a.k.a. Hyundai Coup?") would be alright if only they'd re-design it because it looks very dated at the frontend and put more engine power into it making the V6 obsolete via forced induction in the 4 cylinder model, i.e.; supercharger, or turbo.

You drive the Volvo to school. :huh:

Bet you're popular with the ladies. I used to "drive" my bike.

Haha...I go to an all guys Catholic high school...not many ladies to impress. Our sister school is a few miles down the road.

Exactly, they're becoming an exciting car manufacturer to watch and I do like the Sonata and Azera.

The Tiburon ("a.k.a. Hyundai Coup?") would be alright if only they'd re-design it because it looks very dated at the front end and put more engine power into it making the V6 obsolete via forced induction in the 4 cylinder model, i.e.; supercharger, or turbo.

We got our uncle to buy a used Sonata, and my grandparents to buy an Elanta sedan.

I want a Tiburon badly..why? NewTiburon.com I found that website and was really impressed with what their members have done. I'm interested in which year you are talking about in calling the front end dated.

AJ

OK heres a twist on the subject, thanks to

1984 my first car was a 77 transam with a 454 in it.

My first car was a Mazda RX3 sedan, with a fully worked (Peripheral Ported) RX7 Rotary engine & gearbox with a top speed of over 130MPH, thats what the speedometer went up to.

well ive conformed now, and i drive a toyota corolla.....my wife has a mini van.......lol.......but i am vigorously trying to convince her that we need a harley davidson 1200 in the garage....she said i could get one if she could get a horse. lol

• Moderators
but i am vigorously trying to convince her that we need a harley davidson 1200 in the garage....she said i could get one if she could get a horse. lol

Get a horse theme painted on the Harley Davidson, and you're good to go. ;)

Get a horse theme painted on the Harley Davidson, and you're good to go. ;)

lol...actually she wasnt kidding. my parents live about a five minute drive from us just outside the city, and they have 50 acres of land with cattle barns, electric waterers, bailers, etc. that arent being used (my dad used to have a few dozen cows on his hobby farm). the only problem with a horse is I know that I would have to go feed it, and im worried my kids and wife will gang up on me and we will end up getting one! they are actually quite cheap to buy..

I have a saturn SW2 five speed.

Its lame.

But it gets me where i need to go...

top speed 153kms/hr

Fuel economy is amazing. i can get 650kms on 40 canadian dollars with the added use of the STP fuel Additive in the black jug.

AMAZANT!

1996_Saturn_SW2.jpg

I currently drive a 1990 Toyota DX :). The four-banger inside isn't very peppy, but the car is mechanically sound (for the most part) and that's all I'm worried about.

Currently looking at a Honda Fit or a Toyota Yaris.

IPB Image

• Moderators
well ive conformed now, and i drive a toyota corolla.....my wife has a mini van.......lol.......but i am vigorously trying to convince her that we need a harley davidson 1200 in the garage....she said i could get one if she could get a horse. lol

My younger brother had a Harley about 20 years ago. A long time I know, but you never forget a Harley.

The sound is like nothing else on wheels. Then he got married and sold it.

Criminal.

The Tiburon ("a.k.a. Hyundai Coup?") would be alright if only they'd re-design it because it looks very dated at the frontend and put more engine power into it making the V6 obsolete via forced induction in the 4 cylinder model, i.e.; supercharger, or turbo.

Funny you should say that, check out the stunning looking new Hyundai Coupe:

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2427/

I drive mom's '01 Dodge Caravan. I think top speed is 125mph, but I could be wrong. Doesn't matter much anyhow because I'm not allowed to find out fast she'll go. For the average drive though, when the AC is off it's pretty quick for a 4cyl, but when the AC is on, forget it - a snail can go faster. lol

I like to go fast. I need a Mustang...

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators
Funny you should say that, check out the stunning looking new Hyundai Coupe:

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2427/

That's a concept car though, it looks rather cool though I must say!

So as to not put both feet into my mouth (known to do that sometimes) I was actually referring to their current commercial offering on their website, as seen here.