CCleaner Community Forums
em1500uk

Deleting Temp Files

My Local Settings is a hidden folder, but when I unhide it, the Temp folder isn't hidden. I use CCleaner to clean out a lot of rubbish from my system and the files in the Local Settings\Temp folder are usually found by that program, but when I try to clean them out, they never manage to get deleted. Can I delete them all manually, or are the files all left there for a reason? Lots are XML and TMP files, but there are a few installer and uninstaller things in there, but some of these are for programs that I no longer have on my system anymore.

My Local Settings is a hidden folder, but when I unhide it, the Temp folder isn't hidden. I use CCleaner to clean out a lot of rubbish from my system and the files in the Local Settings\Temp folder are usually found by that program, but when I try to clean them out, they never manage to get deleted. Can I delete them all manually, or are the files all left there for a reason? Lots are XML and TMP files, but there are a few installer and uninstaller things in there, but some of these are for programs that I no longer have on my system anymore.

Any files in that folder can be deleted manually unless it has the current date on it and it's being used.

Any files in that folder can be deleted manually unless it has the current date on it and it's being used.

Thank you!