Feature Suggestions

romeroom

[This is my first time making a post. Please advice if I'm not doing right or making comments in the wrong forum.]

First, Thank you for a great piece of software! It is fantastic just the way it is, regardless of future improvements or developments. That being said, here are a some suggestions, which may already be in process or actually there, I may just not know about it:

1. Additional File Selection Option: While it's possible to select files individually for defragmentation, I find myself clicking & clicking until I get to an arbitratry number of files with a minumum number of fragments. A useful feature for me would be to be able to get to a dialog box or preset routine that would allow me to [b]select a range of files[/b] based on a minumum number of fragments. For example, a dialog box (or other means) that would say something like "Defrag files with _______ number of fragments or more" allowing me to input a minimum number of fragments.

2. A toolbar with buttons for Action items (Defrag Drive, Defrag Folder, Defrag File) would be awsome. I know that the Analyze & Defrag button is there on the right side of the screen. However, the similar items in the Action menu have a slightly different function.

3. Auto Analyze at Launch: Since Analyze seems to be a logical first step after application launch (to enable file selection choices), it would be great to just have Defraggler automatically analyze the drive right after the application is lauched.

4. Autorun at Windows Start: Starting Defraggler as a service or Startup application, combined with suggestion 3 above (auto analyze) I thing would be a very helpful optional feature. I have a folder or two that, due to my daily activity in those folders, they often become quite fragmented by the end of the day. A feature like this--with it's "hands off" feel--would be awsome.

Thanks for reading my suggestions. Your applications for us "financially challenged" is a real blessing.

I am fond of Piriform products, however, Defraggler is of no use for me as long as it is not capable of defragging the drive according to a logic file structure as done by O&O Defrag (COMPLETE/Name mode). That is the best defragging method.

Don't work too hard! :]