Kaspersky .dmp Files!

Ranhiru

Hello all!! Im totally a CCleaner lover!! I love it sooo much! :rolleyes:

And i would really like to suggest a great feature for CCleaner! Actually its not a feature but a place where there were several huge files which was not detected by CCleaner!

I came across these files when i wanted 2 see how the space in my 14.6GB C: drive has dropped to 486MB!!!!

I immediately used CCleaner....but it cleaned only 50MB of Firefox cache. Now i was curious. I tried uninstalling some programs yet i could only clean until i got 1GB free in my C:

Then i ran a search for files bigger than 100MB!!! And guess what i found!!

3.65GB of Kaspersky .dmp files!!!!!! :blink::blink::angry:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

This is where i found them!!!

AVP.7.125_09.25_16.00_72c.SRV.full.dmp

This is the name of one file and the others had similar names.

When Kaspersky crashes it asks to send the files to Kaspersky labs but i never do it! So they might be keeping it there!

But 3.65GB is too much! And as far as i know Kaspersky didnt have any option to delete them. I just deleted them but did not see any malfunctioning....yet!

So if CCleaner can include this location and type of files and talk 2 Kaspersky labs and figure out if they are really safe to delete.....hope the next CCleaner can save some extra space !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And thanx alot Piriform for making CCleaner, Defraggler and Recuva freewares!! They r really coooooooool! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A simple batch file could get rid of those files if they're not locked.

Since KAV is a paid commercial application it may be worth asking them to fix it.

Ya datz true! They are not locked anyway. But Kaspersky is now in version 7. Still (as far as i know!) i have not found a way remove it using Kaspersky. Maybe they are safe to delete. Maybe not! So i wz just telling it 2 ppl who can save a few more gigs! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
I am running Kaspersky 7 and I have no such .dmp files under that folder. There is, however, both a /temp/ and /backup/ subfolder that could be emptied w/ CCleaner.

Well its not always there buddy! Its creates these files when it crashes! (as far as i know!)

Well its not always there buddy! Its creates these files when it crashes! (as far as i know!)

Does it put them all in a particular folder (the dmp files)? You could add a section in the winapp2.ini to custom delete these files. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I'm not sure what files under Kaspersky's folder(s) are safe to delete, other than the temp and backup folders.

Well...this is the solution me and Fred came up with! He PM'd me and we both worked on it 2gether! Thanx buddy a lot!

[Kaspersky AV/IS]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\Software\KasperskyLab\Default=TrueFileKey1=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab|*.dmpFileKey2=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab|*.log

This will clean up the dump files and the log files which are created by Kaspersky.

Well i found some other places (where few others hav mentioned as well)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP6\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\temp

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Backup

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Report

Well the first reason i'm asking for help from the experts is that is it safe to delete the Temp folder in AVP6??

Because i dont have AVP6 now (Uninstalled!). I use AVP7. But there are 2 folders inside temp. Bases & Dskm.

Anyway Kaspersky has a built-in feature to empty the Backup and Report folders. But the problem is in Kaspersky it shows that there are 14 files and the total size is 2.5MB. But really in the folder it has 18 files which are 20.1MB.

Note that at this time i hav 17 *.rpt files and 1 *.idx file. What to do??? Which files to delete?? Or is it safe to delete?

Well the files in the backup folder sure can be deleted. Coz the number of files and file sizes match

So we could add

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Backup in winapp2.ini

FileKey3=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP7\Backup|*.klq

this will clean the backup files!