Anyone think I'd be able to add "Restore"

slowday444

Restore what?

You don't need a program to create context menus, just ask one of the techs here (like me) and give them the details of what you're trying to accomplish.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Restore what?

You don't need a program to create context menus, just ask one of the techs here (like me) and give them the details of what you're trying to accomplish.

Shall we give an example of your l33t skill5? ;)

Add (and remove) right click to hard drives for Anaylze with PerfectDisk 7 and Defragment with PerfectDisk 7. ;)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Optimize using PerfectDisk]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Optimize using PerfectDisk\command]
@="\"c:\\Program files\\Raxco\\Perfectdisk\\pdcmd.exe\" /online %1"

The above is how Raxco officially wants this done.

Change path accordingly, obviously.

There is no way, programmatically, to access an 'analyze' scan without using AutoIT, etc.

To remove it, simply:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Optimize using PerfectDisk\command]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Optimize using PerfectDisk]

PSS: Not for Win9x (PD7 and pdcmd.exe don't exist for Win9x).

Finally, you can change the command above (/optimize) to have any of the following other parameters:

/dol - online

/of - offline

/stop - stop all running operations (I believe this includes a running gui-mode 'frag, I haven't tested that yet)

/sb - schedule a boot time defragment

/wait - don't return to command prompt until finished

/alldrives - duh

/d - specify defragmentation of only directories

/s - only system files

/p - only the paging file

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Sorry again slowday444, I'm hijacking this thread again.

A bonus to Tarun:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\DefragPath]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Raxco\\PerfectDisk\\PerfectDisk.exe"

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Not a problem dj! What I'm interested in doing is restoring (if necessary!) a file or folder (I believe there would be two different drop down menus) from the right click menu if I've "cleaned" something, with all these different utilities I use, and I need it back. Some of the programs have a restore function, however, some only back up the file and you would have to restore it yourself. I thought it would be convenient to just right click it and click "restore" if I needed the file back. Hope I explained that clearly enough! I use XP so I can basically restore anything, just thought this would be good for specific things.

Not a problem dj!  What  I'm interested in doing is restoring (if necessary!) a file or folder (I believe there would be two different drop down menus) from the right click menu if I've "cleaned" something,  with all these different utilities I use, and I need it back.  Some of the programs have a restore function, however, some only back up the file and you would have to restore it yourself.  I thought it would be convenient to just right click it and click "restore" if I needed the file back.  Hope I explained that clearly enough!  I use XP so I can basically restore anything, just thought this would be good for specific things.

Maybe I am being stupid here, but if you have removed a file or folder using a cleaning utility, how can you expect to right click it and select restore to bring it back again.

Selecting restore from within a program is different, because the actual file would have not actually been removed, probably just renamed or moved, ready for deletion later after a preset number of restore backups have been made.

EasyCleaner for example, creates 10 backups by default, after which the tenth backup is deleted to make way for a new backup.

If I have read what you are trying to do as wrong then please correct me.