"Folders to Exclude" not working re: Cookies

TomF

In 2.01.507 (using WindowsXP Pro SP2) to save all of our cookies (we have two User Accounts, both are Administrator-level) I have placed into the Exclude option the folder entries:

C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Cookies\*.*

C:\Documents and Settings\User2\Cookies\*.*

When I check Internet Explorer, which of course includes checking the Cookies box there, and "Analyze", it does not show that it will delete any cookies, but when I "Run Cleaner" the cookies are deleted anyway, BUT ONLY FOR THE USER I AM LOGGED-IN AS. It appears to retain cookies for the "other" user (that is not logged-in).

I want to use the above new feature/method to save our cookies because when running CCleaner I sometimes have forgotten to clear the Cookies checkbox in Internet Explorer.

If there is a workaround to this anomalous behavior by all means please let me know! :(

• Moderators

The normal way of excluding cookies is to:

1. Open CCleaner.

2. Click Options, Cookies.

3. In the Cookies window press the -> button to move Cookies to Delete into Cookies to Keep.

You can select multiple cookies at one time! You'll have to do this for each user profile!

Thanks a lot for your speedy reply, I will try that!

I can't vouch for Internet Explorer but be advised, in Firefox I can't get this function to work correctly and others have experienced the same issue. Cookies I specify to be kept are deleted anyway. This may be due to the fact that I am running CCleaner 2.01.507 (also in XP SP2) in a portable capacity on a USB drive, but the settings are supposed to be saved in a .ini file. Just FYI --