Any free music download programs out there?

Brenda2007

Just thought I'd ask. I'm really into music now and want to start burning cd's. Anyone know of any free programs? This question is probably a silly one :mellow:

Brenda

Mom of 4: Chris 17, Mikayla 11, JJ 6, and Elias 23 months

LOVES Piriform Forums more than her husband

• Moderators

Downloading music through file sharing programs can get you into a hell of allot of financial trouble if sued by recording companies, and it isn't worth the risk.

You can freely and legally get a bunch of music from the record company websites themselves, most release one or two mp3's for their artists CD's.

There's also some very large reputable sites to get free and legal mp3's from like:

CNET Download.com Music, and PureVolume.com. Both sites have signed and unsigned artists and will literally take days or weeks to go through them and discover music.

There's also Playerie.com.

Edit: Also most of the mp3's you'll come across probably won't be worth burning to an audio CD due to the quality/bitrate used.

Thanks! I downloaded LiveWire and yeah I'm concerned about copyright infringement and when I installed it, it asked me if I wanted to download only the legal ones (have no idea what they mean by that) or any that are available. I covered my caboose and chose the legal ones only. Anything has to be better than that Imesh hell.

Brenda

• Moderators
it asked me if I wanted to download only the legal ones (have no idea what they mean by that) or any that are available.

Even though you've ticked that option you still have to be careful, which is why I avoid all file sharing programs and stick to stuff like recording company websites.

There's also this Google search I did:

open source free music downloads

Even though you've ticked that option you still have to be careful, which is why I avoid all file sharing programs and stick to stuff like recording company websites.

There's also this Google search I did:

open source free music downloads

Yeah I think your search results is the way to go. I definitely don't want the po po knocking on my door because 50 cent is pissed.

Brenda

This one is legal and free.

Spiralfrog

Quote from The Clark Howard Show Oct 09, 2007 -- Deterring your child from stealing music online:

"Fortunately you don't have to outright ban your children from getting free music online. There are several free and legal alternatives. SpiralFrog.com allows you to watch ads and get free downloads from major label artists."

Ad supported but free nonetheless.

EDIT: US and Canada only.

This one is legal and free.

Spiralfrog

Quote from The Clark Howard Show Oct 09, 2007 -- Deterring your child from stealing music online:

"Fortunately you don't have to outright ban your children from getting free music online. There are several free and legal alternatives. SpiralFrog.com allows you to watch ads and get free downloads from major label artists."

Ad supported but free nonetheless.

Not ready for Australia

Us and Canada ON|Y

Any more legal ones

use a proxy server, and trick their site into thinking you live in america?

doing that violates their terms of services agreement, but oh well! they are being racist/unfair anyway

edit: just kidding. you shouldn't do that. that's bad :unsure:

ahh.. just noticed the irony of this post.. we are accessing a website illegally, in order to download music legally!

how great :P

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

Spam removed and old topic closed by grumpy-alone-man

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com