"Tweakers" Djlizard blog post

rridgely

Perhaps arrogance is the word to describe the main point of the article? Many so-called software tweakers and their developers think that Microsoft made improper codes in running the OS, which is not. Arrogance can really dish out devasting moves :lol:

• Moderators
The reply by Dr JD Azil is brilliant :lol:

Yeah and it's true.

The HP printing software one I'm dealing with, talk about some bloated s**t (s**t is just too nice of a word for it, but will suffice) just to use a damned printer, although I've disabled all but one of it's "services." The updater in it doesn't even work. :lol:

• Moderators
Please, please, don't talk about HP software, it's been a bother since the day I installed my all-in-one.

I must be really lucky then because the only problems it has given me is with HP Update which has worked all of just once in the past six months. :lol:

• Moderators
I have a Lexmark and no problems.

Rub it in won't ya! :lol:

I used to have a Dell All-in-One which was made by Lexmark and it never gave me one problem on the software side, I actually miss that simple no frill's software. Hardware wise it was starting to go out, however I was surprised it even lasted 3 1/2 years with all the excessive usage it got.

• Moderators
Maybe CCleaner could be used to remove some of the junk from a HP printer.

Who can write a winapp2.ini entry to do so?

The problem is removing some of the stuff would break the installation. There's no way we should put people through the chore of uninstalling HP printing software which takes several minutes itself, then reinstalling which takes 30 minutes or more (longer if installed from the CD, shorter if installed from the hard disk).

The problem is removing some of the stuff would break the installation.

Here's a list of 700MB of HP bloatware for my 3-in-one and HP camera:

HP Customer Participation Program 7.0

HP Document Viewer 7.0

HP Imaging Device Functions 7.0

HP Photosmart and Deskjet 7.0.A

HP Photosmart Cameras 6.0

HP Photosmart Essential

HP Photosmart Premier Software 6.5

HP Photosmart, Officejet and Deskjet 7.0.A

HP Solution Center 7.0

HP Update

hpiCamDrvQFolder

HPPhotoSmartExpress

HPProductAssistant

HPSU306Stub

Any suggestions on which programs I can remove without breaking the installation?

Thanks

I have a 3 year old HP all in one and Vista installs it automatically, so I don't have any of the bloatware that cam with the original disc.

However, I have another newer all in one and it installs all sorts of stuff I never use.