A little help with Defraggler...

Forte Lambardi

Now I've been watching this forum for a few weeks and nothing posted has helped me figure out whether I should download this program or not.

So, those of you who used this, can some of you give me a short summry of the good and bad things about this program? And would you recommend me using this program? Thank you very much for your responses.

I haven't had problems with Defraggler on either of my two computers....you should be fine, but you should have a back up just in case something fails.

AJ

PS - They do read the topics...but they are constantly working on the programs...creating and improving 3 freeware titles that are ridiculously popular is not easy, especially when you they survive by donations.

AJ

"but they are constantly working on the programs...creating and improving 3 freeware titles that are ridiculously popular is not easy, especially when you they survive by donations."

Yes, I understand that. Programing is something that can be VERY time consuming.

Thanks for the report, Tron04. I kind of saw that everyone liked JK defrag and they said it was a great defragmenter, but I never realized it was true.

Howdy Folks,

Give it some time prior to using this or any BETA program unless you`re a TECHIE & or have redundant BACKUPS of any & all DATA. For those of you who`ve used it already & are having trouble with results after using it...try using it with ADMIN ACCT if not already. The majority of trouble with any programs dealing with ACCESSING & or MODIFYING FILES & FOLDERS is that USER ACCT is restricted. I`ve yet to try this program but will do so soon & will also try using it in SAFE-MODE only which is best done with any such programs.

BTW....

This program is NOT compatible with 64-BIT systems.

Life is too serious to be taken too seriously smiley-biggrin.gif

Thanks for the report, Tron04. I kind of saw that everyone liked JK defrag and they said it was a great defragmenter, but I never realized it was true.

I also have seen JKDefrag a while ago, but forgot about it since it looked somehow "generic".

After reading the great defrag shootout article and giving it again a try, I realised that it had some really really intelligent way of doing the defrag.

And this got me completely hooked for JKDefrag.

The point is that JKDefrag really sorts the files on their usage and other criteria (see SPACEHOGS section in JKDefrag documentation).

I never saw this intelligent approach on any other freeware.

Still I am hoping that Defraggler will also get this intelligence in the future and more (e.g. mft defrag at boot phase).