Add the option "Tray Notifications cache" for Vista users

d.chatten

I would like to suggest that the option to clean the "Tray Notifications cache" be added for Vista users, i know this option is available in Windows XP but this option isn't available in Windows Vista.

I have found the registry entries in Vista that need to be deleted, but i guess the development team already know this, just in case anyone would like to know the registry entries to be deleted in Windows Vista you will find them below, some of you will notice that the registry path for Windows Vista is similar to the one used for Windows XP.

Run "regedit" and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify" and delete the following registry entries in the right pane, "IconStreams" and "PastIconStreams", now all that is needed is to stop and then restart "explorer.exe" from the "Task Manager" and restart your computer.

I hope this post will help people that have moved to Vista and are wondering how they can clear the "Tray Notifications cache" now this feature is no longer available for Vista users.

Please can you add this feature for us Vista users.

Thanks!

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

Zelman CNPS9500 AT

Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 4x1GB

BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 256MB

Enermax Galaxy DXX EGX1000EWL 1000W

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD x3

Pioneer DVR-115DBK x2

Plextor DVDR PX-716A

CoolerMaster Stacker 830 Evolution