Newbie question on temporary files

justbubbaintexas

Installed CCleaner a couple of days ago. Everything works correctly unless temporary internet files is checked. If I have it checked with others or by itself CCleaner progress bar goes across and starts over, again and again. I believe the longest I let it run was 20 minutes. If the cancel button is selected the program will either lock down or show files and scan incomplete. I have actually gone in and deleted all the temporary internet files but it will still show 100 million or more in size. Should I just let it run longer or should I do something different. Everything else seems to work correctly.

Thank you.

Did that, didn't seem to make a difference.

Installed CCleaner a couple of days ago. Everything works correctly unless temporary internet files is checked. If I have it checked with others or by itself CCleaner progress bar goes across and starts over, again and again. I believe the longest I let it run was 20 minutes. If the cancel button is selected the program will either lock down or show files and scan incomplete. I have actually gone in and deleted all the temporary internet files but it will still show 100 million or more in size. Should I just let it run longer or should I do something different. Everything else seems to work correctly.

Thank you.

• Moderators

When you said that you deleated you files manually and it will still show 100 million is size. Are you talking about CCleaner or the disk clean up wizard. Also have you tried removing the files under internet options? If none of this works I would just let CCleaner run for an hour or two. you might just have alot to clean.