CCleaner 2.01.507

V.A

Hi,

I installed the latest version 2.01.507

- It works great (thanks for this wonderful program)

- BUT : the cookies to keep option does not work any longer !

HELP !

I am running Vista Home premium and it doesn't matter whether I install CCleaner from within the Administrator or a standard user. I hope that this info was useful ?

And yes : I have enabled the "Save all settings to ini-file.

Hi,

I installed the latest version 2.01.507

- It works great (thanks for this wonderful program)

- BUT : the cookies to keep option does not work any longer !

HELP !

I am running Vista Home premium and it doesn't matter whether I install CCleaner from within the Administrator or a standard user. I hope that this info was useful ?

And yes : I have enabled the "Save all settings to ini-file.

This is my first post, but I've been a long-time lurker and user of CCleaner (since back before they dropped "crap" from the name!) :lol:

I can confirm that this is happening to my install as well and I too have enabled the "Save all settings to ini-file" option. I am using CCleaner 2.01.507 in a portable capacity, installed to a USB drive (finally, CCleaner has become part of my mobile toolbox). It's not a huge deal to have to re-enter my passwords at forum sites I post in frequently, but it would sure be a benefit if I could get CCleaner to keep the cookies for such sites. Anyone got any suggestions for V.A. and I? Oh and I don't think this is a Vista-specific issue because I am still using XP and get the same result as V.A.

Surely we can't be the only ones experiencing this issue...

Thanks!

-G

• 2 weeks later...
Surely we can't be the only ones experiencing this issue...

You're not!! :)

Hi all, first post, great program.

I can confirm this problem, except in my case I don't even get a list of cookies to keep; even the dreaded Google cookie is nowhere to be seen, so I don't get a chance to keep any cookies.

Using WinXP SP2 and CCleaner 2.01.507

Hope this helps,

OB

• 3 weeks later...
Still not working in the latest version.

Would it help to know that it's a Firefox problem? I can save IE cookies, but still no option to do so with FF.

That's what I've found with v2.02.527 as well. Odd that it can READ Firefox cookies properly and you can move them to the Cookies to Keep list but CCleaner just deletes them anyway.

I'm curious, have you installed CCleaner to your machine's hard drive and are saving your preferences to the system registry or are you (as I am) running CCleaner on a portable USB flash drive with the settings stored in an .INI file? I don't know if it makes a difference or not, just wondering.