Defraggler Highly Suggested Improvements

derekmski

The whole idea of selecting the files you want to defragment is not a very good one I'm sorry to say. Take a look at Auslogics Defragmenter for example or JkDefrag. You start it, it analyzes, defrags, and like Jkdefrag optimizes. I love the CCleaner and would really like to see a great Defragmenter. Like I said I don't like the concept of selecting the file you want to defrag that just doesn't make sense it should defrag every file it can. Also the option to defrag flash drives/portable hdds. Keeping the option to just analyze is good, also some files it cannot defragment and it keeps showing up in the selection list (which I don't like to have to choose the files to defrag). So just some friendly suggestions from a loyal CCleaner user. P. S. CCleaner 2.0 ROCKS I LOVE IT, keep the secure deletion always because I use the dod method. :)

The whole point of selecting files is to save time. Rather than needlessly rearranging/defragging the entire drive, you can save time by defragging specific files.

Also, if you didn't know, you can right click your harddrive and select "Defrag Drive", which in turn will defrag the entire harddisk.

Also, not to sound rude, but it seems as if you don't quite really know what fragmentation really is... There's no point in 'defragging' files with no excess fragments.

Yes I do really know what fragmentation is I am an IT professional. And yes I do like to defragment the whole hard drive and rearrange the whole thing because then you don't have to worry about which program files you defragmented or not. Also a defragmenter should know what is fragmented or not so if you defrag it doesn't move around files/folders that aren't fragmented. Also I had a problem with the defraggler it didn't defragment alot of files and I tried in safe mode to see if it was a running program(s) and it was not. I have no problem with Auslogics Defrag but I just thought since CCleaner was so awesome that I would check this out.

There's really no point in defragging files that are not fragmented. It's like peeling a banana that's already been peeled... It doesn't make sense, and it doesn't really achieve anything. (That's right, hard drives are like bananas blink.gif) That is unless you're referring to optimizing the files on your harddrive.

However, yes, i do agree. Defraggler seems to completely defrag everything on your harddrive each time you do a full defrag, no matter how many times you defragged prior. This slows it down considerably.

edit: Why did you edit your post?