Firefox 2.0.0.7 on MajorGeeks

TwistedMetal

• Moderators

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_d2248.html

The release notes say RC.

http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox...7/releasenotes/

I'm going to wait for the auto update myself...

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

Installed this earlier today via update, and I hope I'm not gonna regret saying this.....

Working fine so far, all add ons compatible. There was an update to McAfee Advisor this morning in case anyone didn't get it. Version 26.5 build 6172.

• Moderators
Installed this earlier today via update, and I hope I'm not gonna regret saying this.....

Working fine so far, all add ons compatible. There was an update to McAfee Advisor this morning in case anyone didn't get it. Version 26.5 build 6172.

My idea of doing a clean install has worked wonders for me, I couldn't be happier at the moment with Firefox. All those problems I was having for so long have completely disappeared and in fact Firefox is loading pages really fast once again.

Now to only re-configure it more fully to my liking like disabling gif animation, etc. I just wish I had taken a screenshot of how I had all the buttons layed out because for the life of me I don't fully remember where I had everything.

I noticed SiteAdvisor was updated too, they even updated their Privacy Policy with the new release.

I've been using Firefox for years and I can't recall any other time except the recent past where so many new versions are being released.

Is there some sort of ongoing problem that isn't getting fixed?

you are totally right. I don't think there's any problem, I just think they are getting way too impatient and jumpy with the releases!

lol.. I laughed when i read the release notes, for 2.0.0.7

there's only one change/fix! (a code fix, for QuickTime Media-link files..)

link for the 2.0.0.7 release notes: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/k...#firefox2.0.0.7

how funny! are they really this impatient? why can't they wait until they have 5-10 new security fixes / features, then release them altogether?

at this rate, they're going to release a new Firefox version every 3 days :P

• Moderators
My idea of doing a clean install has worked wonders for me

Now to only re-configure it more fully to my liking like disabling gif animation, etc. I just wish I had taken a screenshot of how I had all the buttons layed out because for the life of me I don't fully remember where I had everything.

I've been doing the same with Firefox, and a clean install does seem to make a difference, and talking of screenshots, after my last full reinstall, I took screenshots of everything I could think of.

Especially all the various Master Volume Control settings, as I could never get them right after "playing" about with them.

Screenshots are good. :D

My idea of doing a clean install has worked wonders for me, I couldn't be happier at the moment with Firefox. All those problems I was having for so long have completely disappeared and in fact Firefox is loading pages really fast once again.

I noticed SiteAdvisor was updated too, they even updated their Privacy Policy with the new release.

Try FEBE

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

• Moderators
Try FEBE

I know about that, and while useful I instead use a single batch file to backup everything which includes my Firefox configuration and add-ons when I do my weekly/bi-weekly backup. I was having so many problems with Firefox that I didn't want to save any configuration files whatsoever, all I kept were my bookmarks.