Gom Player and Digital Rights Management.

DennisD

ew I just tried Kmplayer...

Sorry but from what I'm seeing this program is terrible. I'm playing a .m4v(quicktime) file with it and its all choppy and on top of that if I skip around to try to find a specific part of the file it cant do it. It says "seeking" and then just goes to the beginning of the video. Maybe its just me but that program is no where near as good as MPC and klite mega pack.

Not had any of those problems with it. Only problem I have run into is CCleaner's issues scanner breaks ALL its file associations :angry:

• 3 months later...
Noticed this application in the freeware thread.

This media player was discussed on here a while back, although I couldn't find the posts with a search.

Did you guys read the End-User Licence Agreement.

3dbe9d161901.gif

It's a fairly straightforward "You've got no choice" sort of thing. Not trying to be a killjoy here, but if you didn't notice that, I thought you might like to know.

Hello,

The English version of GOM Player doesn't containt a DRM component. Rather, that part of EULA was really meant for the Korean version-- the Korean version has a VOD service, and that service uses the DRM component of the Korean version of GOM Player. (We were simply translating the Korean EULA to English, and that's how it ended up in the English version of the EULA)

For any video files that use DRM, GOM Player will not be able to play them.

As far as we are aware, GOM Player plays files on your hard drive (or stream videos without DRM online) just like VLC Player or KMPlayer in a sense that we don't support DRM, nor do we revoke your ability to play your video files.

On our next release, we plan on removing the DRM part of the EULA.

Thank you for your interest in GOM Player.

GOM Support

Gretech Corporation

• Moderators

Hi gomplayer support, and welcome to the forum.

You obviously appreciate the concerns DRM causes when it raises it's ugly head, and I'm sure everyone here who uses, or planned to use, Gom Player, will appreciate you dropping in with this information.

You obviously appreciate the concerns DRM causes when it raises it's ugly head, and I'm sure everyone here who uses, or planned to use, Gom Player, will appreciate you dropping in with this information.

Indeed, thanks for clearing that up (though I'm still happy with KMPlayer at the moment)