office ultimate cheap for students $60!

rridgely

• Moderators

http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp

I had to have MS office because of that dumb .docx, .pptx, crap that they are using now. I was just going to buy student and teacher edition but luckily I saw this offer because its half the price and you get all of the office programs.

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, and Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Groove, OneNote, and InfoPath

For $60 instead of $700. I know some would just pirate it but I dont do that.

As far as I'm concerned $60 is a fair price for this.

All you need is a college email and a fast connection to download. :D (well.. and 60 bucks. :D )

---------

As far as office 07 goes I'm 50/50. The interface is ugly and I wish there was a way to go in "classic mode" or something. But for people who never used older versions of office, I guess the ribbon might make things easier to find. I know how to do what I need to do in office and changing it up just makes it worse.

Thanks, RRidgely. :D Will pass it on. Going from office 97 to office 2003 was like learning a whole new program, not worth the trouble for me. But I am sure college age family members will be interested in this offer.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
I've already gotten rid of staroffice(openoffice) and plan to use ms office exlusivly.

I had previously tried StarOffice and even OpenOffice, however I really like MS Office and couldn't imagine not having Word and Publisher since I use them so much. Some commercial software that costs money is still worth it.

• Moderators
I really like StarOffice.... perhaps better than MS Word?

I've had staroffice 8 for a little over a year. Its a very good program and it sufficient but I dont know if I would say its better than MS. MS is pretty awesome at checking grammar and the formatting options are much better. I would not have bought MS if I hadn't pretty much had to because I do like staroffice but... now that I have it, I wouldn't use staroffice. :P

The powerpoint in staroffice is pretty crappy. Does most standard things but it can be difficult to get the more advanced things to work at all, especially when importing to the real powerpoint.

For $700 the difference was not enough to make me want to buy, but for $60 its definitely a buy.

• Moderators
Don't get too excited yet. According to their conditions, you will need to pay $10 per year per module in one year, meaning that the $60 is not for a lifetime license but for a one year license.

Thats not what their website says.

http://www.microsoft.com/education/ultimatesteal.mspx

Perpetual license is the same thing as saying lifetime. The UK page has an offer to rent it for a year or too buy it permanently but the US page only has a buy forever button.

Unless I'm missing something, in which case give me a link so I can go yell at MS tech support. :P