CCleaner won't remove registry entry

Panda

When removing registry entries in the new beta of CCleaner, one entry won't remove (clicking Fix Issue does nothing).

The entry says "The icon referenced by: ZAMailSafe\DefaultIcon could not be located."

Any ideas, or is this a bug?

Kind regards,

Peter Anderson.

When removing registry entries in the new beta of CCleaner, one entry won't remove (clicking Fix Issue does nothing).

The entry says "The icon referenced by: ZAMailSafe\DefaultIcon could not be located."

Same problem here. Waiting for the fix. :o

edit: happens on the latest version also.

Actually this is a problem with ZoneAlarm (also present in a number of other applications, such as Adobe's Reader 8.0), where the application changes its icon pointer to an icon that isn't embedded within the application each time you run the application.

ZoneAlarm embeds its MailSafe into many email applications (such as Outlook Express) and each time you run your email application the icon pointer is changed resulting in a brand new problem for CCleaner to fix.

Jef

ZoneAlarm embeds its MailSafe into many email applications (such as Outlook Express) and each time you run your email application the icon pointer is changed resulting in a brand new problem for CCleaner to fix.

But that doesn't explain why CCleaner can't fix it at all... Nothing happens when I click on Fix Issue, it stays there and stops all other issues getting fixed which means I have to fix each one manually.

Kind regards,

Peter Anderson.

• 2 weeks later...
But that doesn't explain why CCleaner can't fix it at all... Nothing happens when I click on Fix Issue, it stays there and stops all other issues getting fixed which means I have to fix each one manually.

I found that if you turn off and then on the Inbound/Outbound MailSafe Protection (or vice versa) in the ZoneAlarm setting (email protection window), the data in the registry is changed to C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe,-279, which CCleaner won't be upset by as it's a proper path. So that is an easy, if somewhat unexpected way to correct that registry key :)