won't backup - no matter which version I use!

meland

I went to the advanced section and checked 'backup' but the dialogue box says 'it will be deleted, are you sure you want to continue'.

On the advice of another forum I downloaded a previous version - the same thing happened!

A techie reinstalled windows for me - I downloaded CCleaner and that's when it happened. I really liked CCleaner - I particularly liked the way you can list cookies not to be deleted - it's a pain to have to log in everywhere again.

Please help - thank you! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
I didn't see your picture, Andaravi, - I got the dreaded red x! However, when I click on 'fix selected issues' I don't see an option to backup - I only see deleted!

That's because the free image hosting service I was using went kaput last week and seems to no longer be in business, I'll take another screenshot and post it in that reply.

Hi meland. :) I just installed and ran CCleaner ver 1.41.544, when I selected an issue I got the backup message Andavari showed. Will Now try it with ver 2.00.500 final. Back in a minute.

Back now. Just installed and ran 2.00.500. Got the backup message, fixed the issue, registry backup was made OK. Also tried it with "obsolete software", same thing...got the option window

I am running wxp sp2 up to date. Don't know what to tell you except maybe reinstall CCleaner.

Maybe one of the members can suggest something for me to try here, a tweak to try to duplicate what you're getting.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

If you have prompting disabled it wouldn't show that screen.

How to enable registry backup prompting in CCleaner (the default behaviour):

1. Click Options->Advanced.

2. Make sure Show prompt to backup registry issues has a checkmark in it.