New CC version won't let me 'fix' registry items after scanning?

2harts4ever

Howdy,

Since installing the new 2.0 CC version I am unable to 'fix' registry items after I do a registry scan.

Anyone else having this problem? :blink:

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

" ... Nuff Said. Keep Smiling Because I'm Smiling Too! ..."

Morning,

There is no error message.

When I go to the Registry cleaner and click on 'Scan for Issues' it does just that.

However, this is where my problem starts. If CC finds any issues and after I make a backup and try to fix them nothing happens.

If I run another scan right away it finds the same issues I just tried to fix although CC does put a copy of what I backed up in my CC backup folder.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Howdy,

Thanks for the link but I took the coward's way out.

I uninstalled the new version (2.0) and reinstalled 1.41 and everything is working again.

I will just hold off awhile before trying to install the new version again.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

hmm..are you using zonealarm? if you are using one...there is a key that CCleaner wont delete...i think its the key that zonealarm uses in updating its program..try to exclude that key then perform a scan in version 2.00.500 :rolleyes:

Hi q231,

Yes, I am using Zone Alarm and it won't delete the one item as you stated.

My problem is it won't 'fix' anything I select since I went to the new version.

For now I am back to 1.41 and everything is A-OK so I will leave it like that until I have more time to play with it.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Evening everyone,

In case anyone is still following this thread I have an update.

I just got done reinstalling Vs 2.0 again and I still can't get CC to 'fix' any issues it finds during my registry scan.

As I said earlier today when I went back to Vs 1.41 everything worked fine but now when I tried once again to use the new version I still can't get CC to acknowledge the issues it finds are actually fixed the way it did in previous versions.

I am now back to vs 1.41 again and all is well. I am just curious if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

I am experiencing the same problem with the latest version of CC. After scanning the registry, I back-up it up and then click the FIX button. I confirm to fix and then nothing happens. The registry issues remain as issues. It's like that part of the function has been disabled.

I un-installed CC and then reinstalled (twice) only to experience the very same thing again. I run Windows XP SP2 Media Edition and Norton Internet Security 2008. Previous versions of CC worked fine without problems.

I would like to go back to using my previous version of CC, but I'm am unable to download it from the web site. The web site only offers the latest version for downloading.

Hi duffy,

You can still get the old version (1.41) at this link. CCleaner 1.4

Sorry to see others are experiencing the same problem as I have experienced. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Have a good day.

Regards,

2harts4ever

Morning,

Just want to bring this problem to the attention of the folks in the know at CC again since it looks like I am not alone in the 'fix issues' problem with the new version of the program.

Any thoughts on it from 'Twisted Metal' or some other knowledgable CC person would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

This is strange..I know Vista users have to usually right click on the icon and choose "Run as Administrator" but this is XP. I have XP Home (all updates, IE7, etc.) and I've never had a problem.

There are some people who have no problems with the program, and others who have had the worst of luck. I know however that this program is very stable, and it is reliable. If the old version is working for you, then stick with it until they release the next version.

AJ

Hi MrG,

I was using the new CC v 2.00.500.

However, since I started having the 'fix issues' problem I have reverted back to v 1.41 and all is well.

I can't give you a screenshot of what items it wouldn't fix since I have gone back to the older version but I can give you my computer specs:

Compaq Presario AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3300+, 2411MHz/1.93 GBs RAM, running Windows Xp Home Sp#2., with IE7

I hope CC can get to the bottom of this problem in the new version.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Morning everyone,

Just curious if anyone has figured out what the problem is with the new CC version not being able to 'fix issues'

in the registry?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

I can confirm the same problem and have also reinstalled the old version which works ok.

Dave H

Wirral

Hi MrG,

I was using the new CC v 2.00.500.

However, since I started having the 'fix issues' problem I have reverted back to v 1.41 and all is well.

I can't give you a screenshot of what items it wouldn't fix since I have gone back to the older version but I can give you my computer specs:

Compaq Presario AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3300+, 2411MHz/1.93 GBs RAM, running Windows Xp Home Sp#2., with IE7

I hope CC can get to the bottom of this problem in the new version.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Morning everyone,

Just curious if anyone has figured out what the problem is with the new CC version not being able to 'fix issues'

in the registry?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

If you are using Zone alarm all you need do is uncheck any thing with ZA (usually 1 item or two) leaving the checks on the other items and the rest will disappear when you click fix selected items and OK it.

The reason is that the ZA items are being used by Zone Alarm. The old CCleaner didn't catch them so there was no problem.

Ron.

Does have Senior moments!

Hi BEDO,

If you are using Zone alarm all you need do is uncheck any thing with ZA (usually 1 item or two) leaving the checks on the other items and the rest will disappear when you click fix selected items and OK it.

When I tried using the new 2.0 version I couldn't get it to fix anything and by the sounds of it several other folks are having the same problem.

I am aware of the Zone Alarm problem but as I said I couldn't fix anything with the new version. Version 1.4 is working just fine.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Hi BEDO,

When I tried using the new 2.0 version I couldn't get it to fix anything and by the sounds of it several other folks are having the same problem.

I am aware of the Zone Alarm problem but as I said I couldn't fix anything with the new version. Version 1.4 is working just fine.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Glad you are happy with version 1.4. just stay with that until an update arrives which may have a fix for ZA.

My trick worked for me and have had no further problems.

Ron.

Does have Senior moments!