'Issues' - as 'admin' and 'user' are different

mocca

Hi

I'm running CCleaner (latest stable version) on Vista Business. I have discovered that in Vista I have to run 'as administrator' otherwise CCleaner does not remove ('fix') the issues.

I accidentally discovered that checking for 'issues' as administrator gives different results than running it as a normal user.

I have attached two screen images, the first listing the issues 'as admin' and the second as a normal user.

What gives?

post-11976-1189188330_thumb.png

post-11976-1189188344_thumb.png

post-11976-1189188330_thumb.png

post-11976-1189188344_thumb.png

Hi

I'm running CCleaner (latest stable version) on Vista Business. I have discovered that in Vista I have to run 'as administrator' otherwise CCleaner does not remove ('fix') the issues.

I accidentally discovered that checking for 'issues' as administrator gives different results than running it as a normal user.

I have attached two screen images, the first listing the issues 'as admin' and the second as a normal user.

What gives?

That is down to Vista's increased security measures, not CCleaners fault.

That is down to Vista's increased security measures, not CCleaners fault.

I am not complaining about 'running as admin' - this appears to be normal for a number of other programs too.

What I am concerned about is that two different sets of 'issues' are being reported by CCleaner - depending on who does the search. Even more surprising, the issues found for an administartor's search are a sub-set of those found when the analyisis is done by a normal user.