2.00.495 registry cleaner error

molitar

Whenever Registry Cleaner detects foreign characters in the registry.. the registry repair freezes up. Example of a path for an installer reference issue that does this..

Installer Reference Issue C:\Program Files\~恋に落ちたら?~\

Whenever Registry Cleaner detects foreign characters in the registry.. the registry repair freezes up.
I don't believe CCleaner supports double byte character operating systems yet.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I don't believe CCleaner supports double byte character operating systems yet.

No it doesn't yet. So it should ask if you would like to skip instead of just stopping in the middle of cleaning. Or by default not check them type of characters. As it is now you don't know what is wrong unless you know it doesn't support double byte characters. In older version it would just continue and give message at end it was not able to fix them entries.

No it doesn't yet. So it should ask if you would like to skip instead of just stopping in the middle of cleaning. Or by default not check them type of characters. As it is now you don't know what is wrong unless you know it doesn't support double byte characters. In older version it would just continue and give message at end it was not able to fix them entries.

CCleaner 2.x does support double byte. It is not Unicode aware because it needs to run on Win9x and MSLU would have to be part of the installer.

Anyway, can you please post more details of the machine and OS version you are using so people at Piriform can know what is really going on?

CCleaner 2.x does support double byte. It is not Unicode aware because it needs to run on Win9x and MSLU would have to be part of the installer.

Anyway, can you please post more details of the machine and OS version you are using so people at Piriform can know what is really going on?

Win XP Pro Sp2 32bit OS

AMD64 3000+

1 GB Dual Channel PC3200 DDR

3 SATA HD's.. C: 500GB D: 160GB E: 200GB

Have East Asian Languages installed and play some Japanese games using applocale.. Hence I have unicode entries in my registry.

Win XP Pro Sp2 32bit OS

AMD64 3000+

1 GB Dual Channel PC3200 DDR

3 SATA HD's.. C: 500GB D: 160GB E: 200GB

Have East Asian Languages installed and play some Japanese games using applocale.. Hence I have unicode entries in my registry.

I can't reproduce your error.

I have installed Asian language support on my XP machine and created an entry in the registry using the path you mentioned but my CCleaner v2.00.495 works ok and it doesn't crash. Naturally, the characters are all wrong as CCleaner is not Unicode aware...but at least mine doesn't crash or freeze up...

JapaneseOnXPEnglish.JPG

JapaneseOnXPEnglish_Registry.JPG

JapaneseOnXPEnglish.JPG

JapaneseOnXPEnglish_Registry.JPG