Behind the times

cowboy357

Sorry Folks But I,m way behind, I haven,t updated in awhile . Plus now I see a couple of other programs . CC 2.0 & possibly a defrag program. Is one or both a replacement for the original ? I have 4.0 now I beleive . Also I see Recuva , Which I take is a recovery program I doubt I would need . I wasnt sure where ta post this as it kind of a mix of Questions . ThankYou. The Allways confused Cowboy

Glad you're back. :D

edit:

Some of the freeware posts listed below.

A good looking hard disk manager, still free I think:

Http://www.computeractive.co.uk/partitionmanager/index

A nice system scanner, but it tries to phone somebody if you're on the net when you run a scan:

http://www.runscanner.net/download.aspx

CCleaner v. 2 works great:

http://www.CCleaner.com/

That's all I know. . .didn't take long, huh. :P

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Sorry Folks But I,m way behind, I haven,t updated in awhile . Plus now I see a couple of other programs . CC 2.0 & possibly a defrag program. Is one or both a replacement for the original ? I have 4.0 now I beleive . Also I see Recuva , Which I take is a recovery program I doubt I would need.

CCleaner 2 (You have version 1.40 I presume, not 4.0)

Defrag program announcement

And finally Recuva is a program for recovering accidentally deleted files.

Thanks Login123, & JDPower for the responses . Yes I have the 1,40 JD , & its says its ready to update. My Question is is CC 2 the update it will install or is it a different cleaner alltogether . If so Whats the difference. Thanks again. Cowboy

Thanks Login123, & JDPower for the responses . Yes I have the 1,40 JD , & its says its ready to update. My Question is is CC 2 the update it will install or is it a different cleaner alltogether . If so Whats the difference. Thanks again. Cowboy

The current version is 1.41 so that will be the update. It won't pick up CCleaner 2 as its not a final release yet.

What's new in CCleaner2:

* Complete rebuild in C++

With the requirements for a portable version, 64-bit compatibility and Windows Vista increasing against the limitations of the old architecture. We decided to rebuild the entire CCleaner application in highly optimized C++.

* Faster analyzing and cleaning

Each scanning process was rewritten from scratch and fully optimized. The result being a noticeable speed increase in all areas.

* Portable

CCleaner can now run from a USB thumbdrive and be installed/run on a computer without a complicated setup process.

* Compact

The rewrite removed all external file dependencies, so the main EXE is now half the size of the original program and support files.

* Redesigned User Interface

The original CCleaner user interface was looking a little dated, so the GUI was redesigned with a modern look, but without sacrificing speed or usability. New icons were created for the interface and the main program icon was updated with a more modern style.

* Exclusions

It is now possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.

* Loads of little tweaks

Too numerous to mention them all separately, we've tried to improve CCleaner in all areas.