bug in autocomplete form history

Whilst Autocomplete form history is checked repeated analysis will continue to show different dll files to be removed from prefetch, once unchecked it shows a clean 0bytes to be removed status...

note : I have added C:\Windows\Prefetch*.* to the additional folders to be cleaned... and that doesn't seem to be the cause of this problem

Any suggestions, is this really a bug??

What OS and which version of CCleaner are you using? On Windows XP SP2, I can't duplicate your problem with either v1.41.544 or v2.00.495.

... show different dll files to be removed from prefetch ...

C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch shouldn't contain .dll's, only .pf's and Layout.ini

... I have added C:\Windows\Prefetch*.* to the additional folders to be cleaned ...

The currently prevailing opinion seems to be that cleaning Prefetch is at best pointless.

The currently prevailing opinion seems to be that cleaning Prefetch is at best pointless.

And at worst a deliberate unoptimisation for the sake of an extra 5Mb of disk space (Windows trims the entries there itself so it never gets bigger than that). If your going to constantly clean your prefetch you might as well just disable it, or set it just for boot prefetch. Though having said that if your cleaning the entire contents of the prefetch (including the layout.ini) boot prefetch won't be working anyway.

I use winxp home sp2

and CCleaner ver 2.0

IE7 as the web browser ( its set to auto delete temp files on closing the window) and its got autoinline forms turned on... wonder if these sort of clash with the Autocomplete form history button in CCleaner

but once i turn off the autocomplete function in CCleaner it immediately reports 0 bytes to be removed instead of showing system32 dll to be removed