Cmd line Switched for Auto Reg Scan Clean

observer11

Please give us the option of using cmd line switches for auto scanning the registry for issues. Pretty please. Yes, I am aware of the 'danger', but let that be our choice if we so desire. Believe it or not many of us don't examine the scan results but simply trust the results and back up the reg before we remove all the issues. This becomes very tedious over and over. I might add I have never ever had an 'issue' (pun alert) using the registry cleaning feature on many machines time and time again. Thanks for your consideration.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna second this request but with a little variation.

How about command line switches that allow users to launch, chooose a dozen check box options, execute, and exit silently (no results)... for those of us who want total automation.

I've done this in both VB.NET 2003 and C++, be glad to give you a sample code project / applicaiton - etc advice, help, anything you need.

I agree to this as well. It would help me a LOT.

As for the safety issue: if someone is using the commandline to run the registry cleaner in CCleaner, would it be safe to assume that person knows the risks of the registry cleaner? I'd think so, but...

Please add the command line. And of course, add an option to make it silent so it can be incorporated into, for example, maintenance batch files.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love a few extra command line options for CCleaner, including the installer. I would like to be able to disable the check boxes in the installer. I do not wish to have the right click menus, or start menu shortcuts, or check for updates. I actually install this program many times, including remotely.

Having registry cleaning done silently is something I crave.. CCleaner blows most other programs clear out of the water when it comes to file cleaning, and continues to do better with registry cleaning as well (safe cleaning might I add).

*edit* Just thought I should mention that I never read the list of findings anyway... Some machines have 600+ errors, and I am never going to filter through that! :-)