v2.0 not cleaning ALL "temporary internet files"

left4dead

Since the release of the 2.0 BETA version (including the build 495)....I've noticed that NOT all my temporary internet files are being cleaned by CCleaner. In order to completely remoce all files, I have to use Windows Xp disk cleanup.

Is this a known "bug" or just perhaps a settings issue that I have overlooked.

BTW, I have un-ticked the option in CCleaner "only delete files in Wondows temp folders older than 48 hours."

post-15664-1188577544_thumb.jpg

post-15664-1188577554_thumb.jpg

post-15664-1188577544_thumb.jpg

post-15664-1188577554_thumb.jpg

I can confirm this bahavior also. The files within the temporary internet folders are deleted, but the folders themselves, and the index.dat file (loaded with internet track history) remain untouched. I have not checked after running CCleaner to see whether or not file NAMES remain in the temporary internet folders. This was clearly an issue back in the 'pre V2xx CCleaner' days. Hope file names are being destroyed now, in addition to content.

but the folders themselves, and the index.dat file (loaded with internet track history) remain untouched.
Windows has the index.dat files open and in use and so can not be cleaned and can only be cleaned on a reboot. :(

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I would like to add that Version 2.00.495 does not Clean/Delete ANY of my temporary files.

This is on a brand new XPProSP2 install (to an old laptop).

Before I run CCleaner:

Windows\Temp = 156 KB

Docsandsettings\me-user\localsettings\Temp = 7.21 MB

After CCleaner ... well, same amount: 156 KB and 7.21 MB.

I am pretty sure that the previous series of 1.4x did remove the TEMP files.

I could reinstall CCleaner 141 I guess. Not sure if that messes with the version 2 RC though.

THX.

------------------

Add 1:

My OOPS. I just noticed (for first time) that there is a setting that says to not delete any file less than 48 hours old from TEMP dirs. That was ON (default). I unticked it and magic: It found 10.2 MB temp files to delete. So all is well. (though, I wonder why my manual view only showed 7.5MB, CCleaner found 10MB. Oh well. Not a biggie.

(I had another item listed, but I will post as separate thread topic)

Thanks again. (I recommend CCleaner to all my PC user friends)

The Universe is intelligent and friendly 8-)

• 2 weeks later...
Since the release of the 2.0 BETA version (including the build 495)....I've noticed that NOT all my temporary internet files are being...

Is there anybody out there?

I have the same identical problem on my PC with a recently clean installation of XP Pro SP2 fully updated.

I tried both v. 2.00.495 and than 2.00.500 but the problem is the same: CC Cleaner doesn't delete some file in temporary internet folder. After having launch "run cleaner" until it deletes all files ( 0 bytes removed), using the XP cleaning disk utility I ALWAYS notice that many temporary internet files ARE still in my PC. On the other hand, the content of TEMP folder is correctly deleted.

For the moment I'm returned to v. 1.41.544...maybe less "pretty" but that works like a charm.

P.S: Is this a bug of new versions?

Online Armor Beta Tester

this is an usual mistake but have u uncheked the following :

Options > Advanced > Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours

This solution doesn't resolve the question of temporary internet files, because in O.S. XP system they are located in different folders in respect to TEMP files, being the first located in C:\Documents and Settings\Adolfo\Impostazioni locali\Temporary Internet Files, while TEMP files in %USERPROFILE%\Impostazioni locali\Temp (italian version, but it's the same in other locations).

To prove that new versions of CCleaner (2.00..) doesn't delete temporary internet file, try this simple procedure:

1) after web navigation, launch "run cleaner" until it deletes all files ( 0 bytes removed)

2) with IE7 go to "internet property" and in "general" schedule go to "Cronology settings" and than "Show file".

There, you will find a lot of file that CCleaner v. 2.00... didn't delete!

P.S. I use CCleaner since 2004 and I love it ;)

Online Armor Beta Tester

I would like to confirm that I have found exactly the same problem when I updated to version 2.00.500 - CCleaner doesn't delete all temporary internet files.

I also have returned to version 1.41.544 which works like a dream, and will wait until this problem is sorted out before updating.

This solution doesn't resolve the question of temporary internet files, because in O.S. XP system they are located in different folders in respect to TEMP files, being the first located in C:\Documents and Settings\Adolfo\Impostazioni locali\Temporary Internet Files, while TEMP files in %USERPROFILE%\Impostazioni locali\Temp (italian version, but it's the same in other locations).

That is the XP default location for Temporary Internet Files. Mines are moved in a different partition and path

(G:\Cache Internet\File Temporanei Internet\) and CCleaner find and delete all them with no problems.

The only issue i currently have (started since previous 1.4x versions, at least 3 months ago) is with index.dat

file, not detected nor deleted. Probably this is due to something wrong on my s.o. , but can't realize why other softwares can still find, read, and delete my index.dat file as always.

:unsure:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• 2 weeks later...