Does anyone use sun java for online games?

ramblinrose

:blink: Hello. I was hoping someone can help me out....I recently installed CCleaner. I like it but I have one problem with it. I was careful not to fix java issues since I did that with my pc. I had to reinstall java again. Now I am doing same thing with my laptop and no matter what I did. I still have to uninstall and reinstall java on my laptop. Now I am afraid to use fix issues again. I don't know what files come with java. I have no idea. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am using sun java 1.5 for pogo online games. Thanks! I appreciated any help....Rose

:blink: Hello.  I was hoping someone can help me out....I recently installed CCleaner. I like it but I have one problem with it. I was careful not to fix java issues since I did that with my pc. I had to reinstall java again. Now I am doing same thing with my laptop and no matter what I did. I still have to uninstall and reinstall java on my laptop. Now I am afraid to use fix issues again. I don't know what files come with java. I have no idea. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am using sun java 1.5 for pogo online games. Thanks! I appreciated any help....Rose

I would go to Microsoft Download Pages (Updates) to find the update program that has Java. Microsoft doesn't support Sun Java anymore so you might have to dig. ;)

My computer crashed at one time and I lost the Java MS installs. I tried the Sun Java but took to much resource and I Downloaded the MS update with the java install.

Sorry , I can't recall the exact update :(

I have CCleaner and it does not remove my java. I have to have Java to play the old "ASTEROIDS" Game by Mike Hall......

How is CCleaner involved? I don't understand this at all. Can you re-explain the situation step-by-step so we can reproduce the issue?

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

<_< Hmmmm I will try my best to explain. I feels same way as how can CCleaner be responsible?

First I anazlye and clicked all on windows and applications except java, spysweeper, and spybot. I ran CCleaner...

Then I scan issues and fixed all issues except java, spysweeper, and spybot. I only untick those I know that belong to them.

That's it! I don't use Advanced. I am not an experience user...

Then next day, I would go to pogo games and find out java is not working properly.

Same thing happened to my laptop too...I know java was working fine b/c I was playing before I ran CCleaner. I do that before I go to bed.

Now I don't want to use that fix issues again. It's no fun to do uninstall and reinstall every time....

I don't know what was the problem...I have sun java *JRE 1.5.0_02* installed...

I hope I can figure it out and hoping someone will help me too...I will try to go to that link you gave me.

I used java.com is where I got it from. Thanks! Rose

Tarun, where did you get that download from? Should I click save first? I still have java installed. I was told I have to remove it first. Is that java newest version? instead of 1.5.0.2? It is now 3? When I went to java.com to download new version b/c old java was not working too good on pogo games. I've read that java recommended to leave old java version and installed new version with it. So I did that and it worked good.....I didn't have any problems playing pogo games. Now when new java version quit working....I had to uninstall new version and reinstall..I hope you understand me.... :huh: So you ran CCleaner and java still working good? I wish mine will do that too :( Please help....If there are something else then I don't know what to do.

All I know is when I ran CCleaner first time my java quit working after I used fixed issues..... Rose :(

<_< Hmmmm I will try my best to explain. I feels same way as how can CCleaner be responsible?

First I anazlye and clicked all on windows and applications except java, spysweeper, and spybot. I ran CCleaner...

Then I scan issues and fixed all issues except java, spysweeper, and spybot. I only untick those I know that belong to them.

That's it! I don't use Advanced. I am not an experience user...

Then next day, I would go to pogo games and find out java is not working properly.

Same thing happened to my laptop too...I know java was working fine b/c I was playing before I ran CCleaner. I do that before I go to bed.

Now I don't want to use that fix issues again. It's no fun to do uninstall and reinstall every time....

I don't know what was the problem...I have sun java *JRE 1.5.0_02* installed...

I hope I can figure it out and hoping someone will help me too...I will try to go to that link you gave me.

I used java.com is where I got it from. Thanks! Rose

Sounds like it cleared it from the internet's temporary cache files.

Tarun, where did you get that download from? Should I click save first? I still have java installed. I was told I have to remove it first. Is that java newest version? instead of 1.5.0.2? It is now 3? When I went to java.com to download new version b/c old java was not working too good on pogo games. I've read that java recommended to leave old java version and installed new version with it. So I did that and it worked good.....I didn't have any problems playing pogo games. Now when new java version quit working....I had to uninstall new version and reinstall..I hope you understand me.... :huh: So you ran CCleaner and java still working good? I wish mine will do that too  :( Please help....If there are something else then I don't know what to do.

All I know is when I ran CCleaner first time my java quit working after I used fixed issues..... Rose  :(

I got that from here. Right off the java.sun.com website. Go ahead and save and install it. It's the newest version. CCleaner has never messed with Java in Firefox, I've never used it in IE though.

If you believe it was from fixing a registry issue, did you make backups?

if you want to use microsoft's "ms virtual machine" you can download it here: MS Virtual Machine

after you install "ms virtual machine", it is very important to go to the "windows updates" website and scan for "updates" and get the security patch for ms virtual machine.

Whoooo, I can tear you to shreds for that post redwolfe.

First off, the link you're giving is to wildtangent. A company that is KNOWN for being LOADED with spyware and adware. You do realize that if someone was to downloaded that you could be held accountable? It's because you're putting the link up there that is from wildtangent. For shaaame. :angry:

Next, I think you should read this next quote. I'll bold the key sentence for you.

Microsoft actually recommends not using their Java anymore.  But you can download the latest Sun Java here.

So yeah, maybe I do get mean when people put others at risk like this. Then again, I should. Because people spreading things like that and bad information are what causes harm to other users. My advice is that you think before you post please.

I could have sworn Pogo uses ActiveX, not java.

And yes, Microsoft Java VM is terrible and Microsoft specifically recommends Sun java.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Well Tarun, I went to that link you gave me and I downloaded and saved it. I used * windows online multi-language jre-1_5_03-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe*

I am really confused here. I don't find anywhere I need. Is that for some kind of language? :huh:

I am embrassed that I don't know too much or understand this. But I did wrote to java.com. I don't know if I will get any answers from them.

I guess I could always NOT to use CCleaner so java will work everytime I play pogo games.

So Tarun, you said that is the newest version. I don't need to uninstall JRE 1.5.0_02 for that jre-1_5_03? As you can see I am an inexperencer user but I am learning much as I can. Going to java.com was easy for me but I went to another link you gave me I got lost! lol I hope that is right one.....I saved it and I will be waiting till I know more about it.

I will be back later Thanks!!!! hugs, Rose :)

I am sorry... Yes I did make a backup if I used registry issues. I didn't merge it yet b/c I already reinstalled java 1.5.0_02 and I didn't know what would happened If I do merge. I had a lot of fixed issues in there and I didn't want them all go back on my pc... :blink: Rose

Well that was strange...I know I clicked SAVE when I downloaded JRE1_5_03 and I went to look at my documents. I didn't have to click on it. I will send a screenshot if I did it right....lol That was in my documents and I didn't open or anything. All I did was click save.. So now what? Move that file to java program files? I don't know....Does that mean I don't have to install that file just move a file to java program files... Boy I am asking a lot of questions.. So sorry! :( Rose

Tarun Thank you!!!! I will keep that website in my favorites in case I may need it again ( hope not) Or if you will keep that link in your post...How did you come across it? I didn't know there was another update... Java.com didn't have that so I was wondering about that....I sure hope this new update will keep my java after I used CCleaner. ( crossing my finger) You are the best!!! hugs, Rose BTW Thank you for putting up with me.

Well Tarun I am back again! I want to download latest java that you gave me. It's not there anymore. Will you please send it to me again? I am using my laptop and I want to download and install now like I did for my pc. When on that link Sun java want me to register. So I don't know what to do now? hugs. Rose

I also forgot to say that I saved it to my documents so I won't have to go there again now that I know I can just double click and install it....Now that was easy...lol :rolleyes: I am learning something new all right....Thank you so much...I really appreciated it! hugs. Rose