Windows SQM Consolidator

Mudd

Have Vista OS. Just now ZA window popup wants to have internet access for "Windows SQM Consolidator" and I refused as I don't have the any idea what that is.

Searched Google and found nothing that I can use.

Would someone help, or even guess on this?

M

Mudd

• Moderators

Try to find the .exe file it's for, then right click the .exe file and look at the properties, version, etc., as that may give you some info on what it's for. Hopefully it isn't the mess of crap like on XP that all comes from svchost.exe. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

In XP, Humpty's correct. I always find them after my daughters used Live Messenger, and I always delete them.

For some reason known only to ms, they're always hidden straight in C:, not even put in a folder.

170fs39287_th.jpg

Have no idea what a consolidator is though.

EDIT: They are now ex SQM files. :)

I'm using Vista Home Premium and my file system is nothing like the attachment shows. I don't have messenger installed.

I found something that I thought was the answer until I looked closely and saw the letters weren't the same, (see atch).

Not going to worry about it. Vista itself is enough to worry without something else.

Mudd

I always find them after my daughters used Live Messenger, and I always delete them.

Thanks for the info Dennis.

As I never see those SQM files here as I don't have messenger I have seen them heaps of times on other PC's that I have worked on and didn't know what they were.

May be worth an extra Winapp entry in CCleaner to get rid of them! ;)

Found this info in ZA Log. The DNS wanting to connect for the Windows SQM Consolidator was 216.38.80.20. Whois search indicated that "NATIONAL-WEATHER-SERVICE-SRARCHIVEIIREQ" was the culprit! Have received two more requests since I posted the first time.

Also found this: "C:\system32/wsqmcons 11/2/2006 7:34AM Application 179KB"

Could not open it. And it still doesn't matter to me who or what. I've got it blocked.

Mudd