CCleaner Rearranges Desktop Shortcut Icons

Shane

Hi I'm a first time poster and CCleaner user.

Whenever I run CCleaner it rearranges randomly my previous desired arrangement/order of my desktop shortcut icons.

This rearrangement is a problem for me as I have about 30 desktop icons arranged/organized in a logical way that makes it very easy to quickly find the icon I want double click on.

Is there a box I can uncheck in the CCleaner options/setup that will stop CCleaner from rearranging? (Note that I'm not talking about Start Button icons.)

Shane

Hi I'm a first time poster and CCleaner user.

Whenever I run CCleaner it rearranges randomly my previous desired arrangement/order of my desktop shortcut icons.

Try unchecking "Window Size/Location Cache" -- that might do it.

• 2 months later...

I posted here so as not to clutter up with a new thread, my IE icon went off my desktop!

I use the right click on desktop > properties >customize desktop and uncheck the IE icon as I don't like my desktop cluttered and I don't use IE except for updates, anyway I removed IE7 a few weeks ago and went back to 6 which fixed my internet connection problem and kept the icon off desktop, but the option was still there as I change my wallpaper often and change my recycle bin. I went to do windows updates, did them, pc hung, rebooted, everything ok, went online for an hour or so, then I added the winapp2 list to CCleaner. Ran it, then I noticed my blue E back on the desktop? Went to hide it but no option to hide it!

I removed it by using the clean desktop wizard, I fear this may be my fault for not checking the CCleaner winapp2 list properly and running it without fully checking which items are checked. My fault NOT CCleaner, I just wondered what was checked that could have caused this or is it because of the win updates, I don't know which it is so apologies if I am posting wrongly, also is there a way I can get it back? The option in desktop properties?

I am not complaining, just learning to correct my mistakes.

Thanks and I LOVE CCleaner! My 3 kids now use it too on my recommendation. My daughter never clears her cookies out and can never connect to our router until I clear them with CCleaner. It's a wonderful product and I have had no problems with it at all (except for my/user error). No other cleaner can beat it or even come close :)

• 1 month later...
I posted here so as not to clutter up with a new thread, my IE icon went off my desktop!

I use the right click on desktop > properties >customize desktop and uncheck the IE icon as I don't like my desktop cluttered and I don't use IE except for updates, anyway I removed IE7 a few weeks ago and went back to 6 which fixed my internet connection problem and kept the icon off desktop, but the option was still there as I change my wallpaper often and change my recycle bin. I went to do windows updates, did them, pc hung, rebooted, everything ok, went online for an hour or so, then I added the winapp2 list to CCleaner. Ran it, then I noticed my blue E back on the desktop? Went to hide it but no option to hide it!

I removed it by using the clean desktop wizard, I fear this may be my fault for not checking the CCleaner winapp2 list properly and running it without fully checking which items are checked. My fault NOT CCleaner, I just wondered what was checked that could have caused this or is it because of the win updates, I don't know which it is so apologies if I am posting wrongly, also is there a way I can get it back? The option in desktop properties?

I am not complaining, just learning to correct my mistakes.

Thanks and I LOVE CCleaner! My 3 kids now use it too on my recommendation. My daughter never clears her cookies out and can never connect to our router until I clear them with CCleaner. It's a wonderful product and I have had no problems with it at all (except for my/user error). No other cleaner can beat it or even come close :)

You could try this. Goto the Microsoft website and look for Powertoys for XP. One of them should be called TweakUi. (possible filename: TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe). If you search for this file name it may lead you straight to it but am not sure if it is the original filename. Only works on XP. (1) Install it. (2) Restart (as one always should after installing something new). (3) Run it from you start menu. A window will open (Looks similar to explorer but with advanced windows options and I accept no responsibility if you play and distroy). (4) Click on desktop branch and you can select which desktop items you would like displayed. Not sure if will help but it is another option.

Regards.