Another African fortune for me for free!

DennisD

• Moderators

You've got to laugh at these. How can anyone be taken in by them.

30% of Twenty-Five Million Two Hundred Thousand Dollars. If only. ;)

FROM THE DESK OF MR GILBERT KABORE.

AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING MANAGER.

AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK.(ADB)

OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO

WEST AFRICA.

Transfer Of (25.200.000.000).Twenty-Five Million Two Hundred Thousand Dollars.

I AM GILBERT KABORE, THE AUDITOR GENERAL AUDIT AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK. DURING THE COURSE OF THIS YEAR AUDITING I DISCOVERED A FUND IN THE ACCOUNT OPENED BY MR JOHN KOROVO AND AFTER GOING THROUGH THE RECORDS IN THE FILES I FIND OUT THAT MR JOHN KOROVO WAS A VICTIM OF (BEIRUT BOUND CHARTER JET PLANE CRASH HAPPENED ON THE 26TH DECEMBER 2003 IN COTONOU( REPUBLIC OF BENIN).HERE IS THE WEB SITE(http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash)

IN MY TOTAL INVESTIGATION OF THIS ISSUE I FIND OUT THAT LATE MR JOHN KOROVO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY LEFT NOBODY TO CLAIM FOR THE FUND IN THE ACCOUNT. AND THE LAWS OF OUR BANK STIMULATED THAT ANY ACCOUNT DORMANT MUST BE TRANSFERRED INTO THE NATIONAL TREASURE FUND.

BASE ON THIS I AM CONTACTING YOU BECAUSE THE STATISTIC OF THIS TRANSACTION REQUIRED A FOREIGNER BECAUSE LATE MR JOHN KOROVO WAS A FOREIGNER AND THE FUND CAN ONLY APPROVED TO A FOREIGNER WITH VALID INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVING LICENSE AS WELL AS FOREIGN ACCOUNT DETAILS.

I ASSURED YOU THAT I HAVE PERFECTLY ARRANGED THIS TRANSACTION BEFORE I CONTACTED YOU AND WITH MY POSITION IN THE BANK THIS FUND IS GOING TO APPROVED ON YOUR BEHALF AND TRANSFERRED TO YOUR PROVIDED ACCOUNT. THE BANK OFFICIAL WILL PROVE YOU ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION NEEDED FOR THE TRANSFERRED OF THIS FUND INTO YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY LEAVING NO TRACE TO ANY PLACE AND BUILD CONFIDENCE .

FURTHER MORE IN THIS CONTACT OF HELPING I NEED YOUR STRONG ASSURANCE THAT YOU WILL NOT CHEAT ME AS SOON AS THIS FUND TRANSFERRED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT IN YOUR COUNTRY BECAUSE I WILL BE COMING OVER THERE AS SOON AS THIS FUND TRANSFERRED FOR THE SHARING OF THE MONEY.

ON THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION YOU ARE ENTITLE TO 30% OF THE TOTAL SUM AND 10% WILL BE SET OUT FOR EXPENSE ARISE DURING THE TRANSFERRED AND TELEPHONE BILL, THEN THE 60% REST WILL BE FOR ME.

SO ON THE SERIOUS NOTE OF YOUR WILLINGNESS TOWARD THIS TRANSACTION I WANT YOU TO INDICATE YOUR SELF BY SENDING :FULL NAME: SEX: COMPANY: FULL CONTACT ADDRESS: PHONE: CELL: FAX: CITY:STATE:ZIP CODE COUNTRY: OCCUPATION ON ACCEPTANCE TO CHAMPION THIS TRANSACTION WITH ME AND ON THE RECEIPT OF THIS INFORMATION NEEDED FROM YOU I WILL FORWARD YOU THE TEXT OF APPLICATION FORM WHICH YOU ARE GOING TO USE TO APPLY IN THE BANK FOR THE RELEASE OF THE FUND INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.

THANKS.

YOURS TRULY

MR GILBERT KABORE

AFRICAN DEVELOPPMENT BANK(ADB)

EDIT: Forgot to mention this was an email.

• Moderators

Dennis you are so lucky to be chosen like this :lol:

P.S. I need 2 million pounds to repair my little garden fence, do you think you could see your way clear to lending/giving me the money?

I will of course pay it back.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I seriously cannot grasp the notion that individuals could actually believe that this is a genuine letter from a bank official. It is bloated with ludicrous spelling errors (ie: even in the bank's name), most of the formalities are nonexistent and the remaining style is utterly pathetic. I WILL NOT EVEN MENTION THAT IT IS ALL IN CAPS.

• Moderators
I seriously cannot grasp the notion that individuals could actually believe that this is a genuine letter from a bank official. It is bloated with ludicrous spelling errors (ie: even in the bank's name), most of the formalities are nonexistent and the remaining style is utterly pathetic. I WILL NOT EVEN MENTION THAT IT IS ALL IN CAPS.

I agree.

It's just some assclown trying to scam people. Unfortunately some people haven't evolved past being a dumb chimpanzee and would fall for it thinking they could make a fortune. Some of the scam artists even call on phones with their spammy phony s**t like a "free digital satellite system with 100's of channels", or "a free trip to Florida." I just wholeheartedly wish I could electrocute the bastards through the phone line to knock them on their asses.

I enjoy writing them back including false information...like using the police station's address and phone number as my own. :D

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

You need to remember that there is a big difference between being dumb and greedy. Most people will fall for this sort of scam not because they are dumb but because they are greedy and all they can see is all that lovely money.

My G-Mail account has been getting spam from all of these sites saying I've been getting "An E-card from Friend."

Course I don't even go to the site.

AJ

Good choice AJ as the page will contain exploit scripts which will attempt to load infections as soon as it's opened, the recent variants are patching tcpip.sys to load trojan files so it doesnt need other startup entries or show in tools like HJT.

http://www.sophos.com/security/blog/2007/07/419.html

They've recently changed tactics to spam all sorts of messges but its essentially the same junk

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/#00001255

Brilliant! :lol:

Hehe thanks! I love to screw with people. Muahahaha *evil grin*

I'm really getting pissed off with it all... it never used to happen. I had four earlier today, and two more just now... :angry:

AJ

Can't you block them?

There's not much you can do AJ once your email address gets on the spam lists except hope most of them are caught by the spam filter :(

http://www.secureworks.com/media/press_rel...70802-botstorm/

?From the first of January to the end of May, we only saw 71,342 Storm attacks,? said Joe Stewart, Senior Security Researcher for SecureWorks. ?However, since June we have blocked 20,200,101 Storm attacks.?

?The number of unique, infected hosts (bots), from which the attack is being launched by email, has also increased dramatically,? said Stewart. ?They went from 2,815 in the beginning of 2007 through the end of May to a total of 1.7 million for the months of June and July.?

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/sho...cleID=201311245

Last week, when the Storm worm was still focused exclusively on e-mail attacks, security company Postini reported that between July 16 and August 1, researchers there recorded 415 million spam e-mails. Before the Storm worm began its attack, an average day saw about 1 million virus-laden e-mails crossing the Internet. On July 19, Postini recorded 48.6 million and on July 24, researchers tracked 46.2 million malicious messages -- more than 99% of them are from the Storm worm.
:blink:

You need to remember that there is a big difference between being dumb and greedy. Most people will fall for this sort of scam not because they are dumb but because they are greedy and all they can see is all that lovely money.
You still have to to be feeble-minded. Not as if some random bloke attemping to launder money would contact a person he has no basic information off to store such a high sum of money. I could easily be working for the FBI.