CCleaner v1.19.108 Released

MrG

• Admin

Version 1.19.108 of CCleaner has been released, this version is mainly a bug fixing release, which is why the minor version number wasn't increased.

Change log:

- Added Portuguese (Brazil) and Finnish languages.

- Fixed IE Autocomplete History shutdown problem.

- Fixed Type Mismatch error in Issue scanner.

- Fixed error in saving options under a restricted account.

- Added support for HKEY_USERS (HKU) in ini files.

- Fixed Real Player cleaning.

- Changed MS Office cleaning (again).

- Minor display tweaks.

Download now from: http://www.ccleaner.com/

think something is off?

if i use CCleaner to check it says a new one but then offers me the 119 download

if i go to this site same thing

did you not rename it? or are they old files?????

Would it be more clear for the awerage user to pump up the version-number even more?

Lets say, put a letter behind the version if its "only" a bugfix?

many of my friends are so called newbees, and if it doesnt have a clear higher number they say its not worth updating...

People are kind of lasy, I update every update there is, but I can understand that many people arent so hasty when the updates is: x.xx.xx1 to x.xx.xx2

Maybe its the x.xx.XX that is the trouble? Maybe x.xxa to x.xxb would be more cclear?

Anyway, its my few cents... :)

• Moderators
many of my friends are so called newbees, and if it doesnt have a clear higher number they say its not worth updating...

People are kind of lasy, I update every update there is, but I can understand that many people arent so hasty when the updates is: x.xx.xx1 to x.xx.xx2

Maybe its the x.xx.XX that is the trouble? Maybe x.xxa to x.xxb would be more cclear?

If they're too lazy to read what the version/build changes are then I'd say its their own loss, they can deal with any potential problems that may exist in previous versions that may have been fixed in the next build of a version of any software, not just CCleaner.

I don't really think removing the last two version identification numbers, and then sticking a letter at the end would help at all, it would still trigger to those lazy folk that it isn't a major update therefore they wouldn't update until they see a full version number leap.

If they're too lazy to read what the version/build changes are then I'd say its their own loss, they can deal with any potential problems that may exist in previous versions that may have been fixed in the next build of a version of any software, not just CCleaner.

I don't really think removing the last two version identification numbers, and then sticking a letter at the end would help at all, it would still trigger to those lazy folk that it isn't a major update therefore they wouldn't update until they see a full version number leap.

It is just a way for those programers to track their changes, and as the updates are done, we know when the last time it was we updated.

The way I see it is if it isn't broken...I just updated yesterday from a version 1.17...I was not having any problems, so I wasn't planning to update. But then I read the improvements being made, so I said , why not.

Appreciate those who started this program and keep improving on it, based on user input.

Would it be more clear for the awerage user to pump up the version-number even more?

Lets say, put a letter behind the version if its "only" a bugfix?

Another bit of info for some, FYI, maybe you already know, but adding on to a version number ie 1.18 to 1.19 usually means a minor change, probably based on some user input, bug fix etc.

Going from 1.18 to 2.0 usually means a major upgrade to the program. At least that was the protocol when I was programming...which was awhile ago :)

It bugs me when a major upgrade is released and low and behold there are major bugs in the program. Are they testing this stuff. A big problem is getting the upgrade out ASAP, to make the $..then fix the problems. We are the being used to test the programs after we have paid big$'s...OK I've said enough..sorry , just one of those things that gets me going.