Time Taken by CCleaner to Analyze

zimbo

How long is CCleaner meant to take to analyze in the cleaner function? At first run it seems to be taking forever and never coming to an end. The registry analysis was very quick however. I tried rebooting but it's still grinding on. Is this a known issue? I'm using XP home. :blink:

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums zimbo! :)

One scenario is if you don't regularly maintain your system by removing junk files in the Temp folder, and browser cache ("Temporary Internet Files") you could have thousands upon thousands of junk files that are several hundred MB, or in the GB range which would explain CC taking a long time.

Note: The first cleaning done on a system that hasn't had junk files removed in a very long time (or never) will result in CC taking much longer on the first cleaning however subsequent cleanings afterwords will be faster - so long as CC is used regularly.

Thanks Andavari! Yes, it was my impatience, it did take more time than I expected because there was 2GB+ of junk :o That's accumulated since a clean reinstall 6 months ago.

The program is very useful, I was also able to clean up obstinate start menu items on another machine that had resisted all other attempts.

Again, thanks for your prompt reply! B)