CCleaner 2.0 Beta Download

MrG

Good work but it will not uninstall i was testing for anybugs

Uninstalled cleanly here, though did install to a new directory (in which case I inadvertently removed all my saved cookies :rolleyes: ).

So the all clear from me --- so far --- :)

Good Job.

fireryone

• Moderators
Good work but it will not uninstall i was testing for anybugs

Any help would be great

i have cert 4 in IT so i can help wuilding or ruling out bugs

Do you mean CCleaner program will not uninstall, or the uninstaller function of CCleaner will not work?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I've installed CCleaner 2 and everything seems to be fine except for one thing. I am on Windows XP Greek Pro and there's something with the language. Some are in Greek and some are in "Chinese". See the pics below.

37838152vx3.th.gif 52314209ku7.th.gif

If I change the language to English everything is fine.:)

EDIT: Just for the record I installed the new version without unistalling the older one.

Sorry, but I don't know Greek.

Would it be possible for you to mark what is Chinese/wrong with a circle on your snapshot?

or maybe post a snapshot of CCv1.41 with the right characters so we can compare it...

it could be a problem with the language pack and not CCv2

Wow very nice. I love the exclusion feature and I noticed that the japanese pathnames in registry no longer show as invalid in the registry scan. So you must of added unicode support also.. Awesome! Great job and very nice.

Hi MrG and thanks for the perfect app you guys made. ;) I have one hopefully new feature request. Is there any possibility that CCleaner 2.0 or newer could remove some specific files in some specific folder.

Here is little example:

Folder named Downloads have many files like .avi, .log .zip etc.. and I want to remove only the files which are in .zip format for example. So is there any possibility that I could use * in the file's name I want to delete with CCleaner?

I hope that you understand me and sorry for my horrible english.

Regards!

Tried several installs/uninstalls, over previous and also in a new separate folder.

All worked pretty fine :)

It seems all features are working fine here, just like in 1.41.

My index.dat file still not detected-deleted (just like in 1.41 :( )

Win XP Pro Sp2

IE7

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• Admin

The new version now supports this.

Try adding a folder to the Include list and you will be prompted for a folder and a definable wildcard, by default "*.*"

Hi MrG and thanks for the perfect app you guys made. ;) I have one hopefully new feature request. Is there any possibility that CCleaner 2.0 or newer could remove some specific files in some specific folder.

Here is little example:

Folder named Downloads have many files like .avi, .log .zip etc.. and I want to remove only the files which are in .zip format for example. So is there any possibility that I could use * in the file's name I want to delete with CCleaner?

I hope that you understand me and sorry for my horrible english.

Regards!

Why is it that CCleaner still can't delete files in the "Prefetch" folder? It used to work very well in version "1.38.0.485" while using "Normal and Secure file deletion", but after that version, every release has failed to do it at all! Why?...

Below is the piece of code that I've always used (and it always worked) in my "winapp2.ini" file:

[*Prefetch Data]LangSecRef=3004DetectFile=%windir%\PrefetchDefault=TrueFileKey1=%windir%\Prefetch|*.*

Now, with version 2.0, it sometimes (but not often) deletes the files in the "Prefetch" folder, but only in "Normal" mode and not at all in the "Secure" modes (which I always use). Is this a bug, and if so, will it be fixed soon?

Great job Mr G.

However, I agree that the background from v1.4 is nicer. The Icons this time are very well done and placed.

As to the install-it removed the 1.4 Icon even though I put the program in a different folder. The uninstall was uneventful (Icon also disappeared).

NOTE: For those testing this version - make a Restore Point before doing the install and DO NOT delete using the Advanced section. I also did not use the Registry tool-just did an Analyze. The 1.4 Icon can be restored from the program folder and will work just fine again after Restoring.

I will wait for the final "Slim" version release :)

Why is it that CCleaner still can't delete files in the "Prefetch" folder? It used to work very well in version "1.38.0.485" while using "Normal and Secure file deletion", but after that version, every release has failed to do it at all! Why?...

Below is the piece of code that I've always used (and it always worked) in my "winapp2.ini" file:

[*Prefetch Data]LangSecRef=3004DetectFile=%windir%\PrefetchDefault=TrueFileKey1=%windir%\Prefetch|*.*

Now, with version 2.0, it sometimes (but not often) deletes the files in the "Prefetch" folder, but only in "Normal" mode and not at all in the "Secure" modes (which I always use). Is this a bug, and if so, will it be fixed soon?

You may want to use the Options/Includes menu and add the folder

c:\windows\prefetch\*.*

Also if you have Windows Vista, then run CCleaner as the Administrator.