Looking for a Direct X10 ATI graphics card

Stephen

I have an ATI Radeon X950 Pro graphics card. Having finally upgraded to Vista, I'm starting to check out graphic cards that can handle Direct X 10. I'm interested in a card that has the same (or better) performance as my current card, and ideally uses less power / puts out less heat. Any suggestions?

I have an ATI Radeon X950 Pro graphics card. Having finally upgraded to Vista, I'm starting to check out graphic cards that can handle Direct X 10. I'm interested in a card that has the same (or better) performance as my current card, and ideally uses less power / puts out less heat. Any suggestions?

to be honest, no dx10 card performs well, maybe the nvidia 8800, but no ati is good, also vista is updating to directx 10.1 so no card will handle it anytime soon until the cards and update is released.

but im not sure about less heat/less power cards but those cards dont perform well i think.

Yea, ATI is doing terrible now. As mentioned above the the Nvidia 8800 is a decent card. I cant give you a certain model, due to the fact it has been a while since I was looking at graphics cards myself, but I can tell you that Nvidia is the brand you want. They are much better than ATI, who looks to be lagging a lot. If your processor is Intel, I think that will work better too, because they basically go hand in hand, whereas ATI is with AMD. I have an AMD but iwth Nvidia, works well, so don't worry about the processor type, that was just something extra :lol: